Freaking out!! Need virtual hugs please!!

Godgaveus2
on 10/8/11 9:09 pm - WI
Surgery is tomorrow and I feel like I am having a nervous breakdown!!  Since I woke up this morning and reality set in that I will be at the hospital at this time tomorrow, I can't stop crying.  I am so scared that I won't make it out and leave my babies without a mommy.  Today, we are having a fun family day and I worry I won't be able to pull myself together.  God has helped me this far and I just pray he helps through tomorrow.  Please tell me most of you felt this way and what things you did to overcome your fear.  I have been waiting and fighting for so long and I can't believe I am actually there.  I am going for a walk here in a bit to try to clear my head.  Thank you all for you prayers and support.  The only place I can go where everyone truly understands.
Renee2be
on 10/8/11 9:18 pm - NC
I had a full blown middle of the night what the heck am i doing panic attack about 2 weeks pre-op.  Crying, heart racing, all of it.  It is normal i think.  I saw my mom was on facebook as well as a few other friends and called her.  WE TALKED FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND I FELT MUCH BETTER.

The risks of my health issues and wha twould happen if i didnt get the weight under control far out reached the risks of the surgery itself.

Make a list of all the things your looking forward to being able to do with your family post-op, in  aa year,  your health goals and issues.

You came all this way with confidence in your decision,  this is like pre-wedding jitters..........it is normal to second guess and freak out BEFORE an life altering event.  Which this is

Pray for Peace and i think as the responses come in you will find that you are perfectly normal. 

Eliza55
on 10/8/11 10:30 pm - PA
Group hugs for you here

Time to take a deep breath, and understand that your surgeon has taken every precaution for a safe and successful surgery.  He wants it as much as you do.

What you're experiencing is very normal.  I was very nervous the day before my surgery, and even a little wishy-washy about my decision.  As I was wheeled into the operating room, my son said - this is it, no going back! 

Now that I'm a couple of months out, this has been a great decision.  My health continues to improve, and I'm actually getting strong!

Take care, and good luck on your surgery

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

mrsmewise123
on 10/8/11 10:42 pm - GA
I am in the same boat with you.  Surgery is tomorrow and I'm not sure if I can hold it together.  I have talked to my surgeon, family, and other post-ops and from what I can tell, this is normal.  I just think back to the time when I decided this was the right decision for me and recall that confidence. 

Renee2be
on 10/8/11 10:48 pm - NC
Good Luck and hugs to both of you!  Trust me it will be a month out and you'll be doing and feeling great before you know what happened.  Today is my one month surgiverssary doesnt seem like that long ago!!!!!!!!!!

kellyl1202
on 10/8/11 10:48 pm
I think what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I had RNY about 4 weeks ago and I had the same thoughts in my head..what if what if what if. Especially worrying about my daughter if something dreadful happens during surgery. That anxiety kicked in the day before for me also.
The GOOD NEWS is I made it thru surgery with flying colors. Tomorrow when you get to the hospital you won't have much time to be nervous! You'll get all prepped and before you know it you'll get some "happy" medicine, go to sleep, and it will be over before you know it! After my surgery the pain was not nearly as bad as I expected, I had no vomiting or nausea and was up walking the same evening. I have lost about 35 lbs so far counting the pre-op liquid diet and feeling pretty darn good.
Hang in there -your doctors and nurses will take good care of you!
SweetLilyAnn
on 10/8/11 11:05 pm - TX
Yes, it is totally normal. The good news is that it will be over before y'all know it and you are on your way to a healthier new life. It is scary but think about it, if you didn't do it, you health would continue to deteriorate and your quality of life would continue to diminish. As a previous person mentioned that you doctor has checked you out from head to toe and he feels comfortable enough to proceed, you need to trust that. My father who was a physician for over 50 years always told me in situations like this...that you have do your research about your physician and their methods and the surgery itself and all of your work should have lead to a certain level of calm and trust after your due diligence is done. So now, you have done everything that you possibly can do to ensure that you will be safe.....carefully chosen doctor, competant hospital, choice of surgery...so your part at this stage is over...so now, you have to have faith. After doing your work, you need to try and let go and trust. Have faith that all is going to be OK. Anxiety is normal b/c tomorrow moring things will be out of your control - but in reality tomorrow will be easy....they will give you some meds to chill you out and you will feel great and off you go to start your new life. You have done your best in advance to ensure that you have surrounded youself with the best team for you. So try and take comfort in your good work and your good decisions...I will keep you all in my prayers and look forward to hearing from y'all when your surgery is done. Keep the faith..we are here for you...we understand.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

ohioh
on 10/8/11 11:10 pm
RNY on 11/15/10 with
Oh I can SOOO relate to what you are feeling! I was a nervous wreck complete with the racing heart etc.. But now, almost 11 months later, feeling great, 123 lbs down, health issues resolved, I am SOOO glad I did it! No regrets at all. I totally agree with the previous poster who suggested writing down what you are looking forward to, the health risks if you DON'T have the surgery and so on. Going out for exercise is always a good idea because it will help work out some of the anxiety.Best wishes to you tomorrow!

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
heres2changingmylife
on 10/8/11 11:23 pm
{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

GoldiesGirl
on 10/8/11 11:31 pm
As everyone said, it's totally normal.  Both of my parents have had the same surgery so I pretty must knew exactly what to expect, but I was still anxious.

Let yourself get lost in spending time with your family today.  Don't let yourself think about the "what if's" and just live in the present moment.  I planned a really hectic business trip that had me going non-stop from Wed-Sat PM before my Monday surgery.  By the time Monday rolled around, I was so exhausted that I didn't have the energy to be anxious.

You'll be back here posting in no time!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views