Freaking out!! Need virtual hugs please!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/11 11:43 pm - Boston, MA
 I was very scared, I kept thinking what will happen to my kids if I'm not around.. it's scary stuff... but the odds are in your favor that all will go smoothly and you will get to live a longer life after the surgery and you are healthy.  Best of luck to you, you will do great and it's all wort it!!!
Holly O.
on 10/9/11 12:10 am - FL
It is all part of the process.  Walking and trying to relax will help a lot.  Please know you will be just fine, o.k.  Make sure you tell your antethoslogist that yu are very anxious..........they will slip you a little something in your i.v. to relax you before they wheel you in..........they did for me so I wouldn't go into panic mode!!  Prayers and continued support are here for you.  I am almost  4 months out and have had zero problems. 
   Holly                                      
poet_kelly
on 10/9/11 12:34 am - OH
Try to focus on all the fun you're going to get to have with your babies when you leave weight.  And remember, losing weight is the best thing you can do to ensure your babies have their mommy for a long, long time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nfarris79
on 10/9/11 12:40 am - Germantown, MD
 I can feel ya - had EVERY emotion before surgery. In 5 min successions. It was maddening! Cry if you gotta, scream, vent, let it out - this is normal! Let those around you know this is normal and to expect that you may not be yourself for a while; this is a HUGE change that you're doing for them and for yourself. Focus on the positives, write out your feelings, and put your faith in God that all will be well

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 10/9/11 12:41 am
I didn't have fear before surgery, I trusteed completely my surgeon the hospital I was using and all my friends who had done it before. I do know that here I sit 10 years and one month since I had my RNY and I'm still very grateful I had it done. Every day is still filled with WOW moments,
I am happier and healthier than I've ever been (I'm 53 now), I can run circles around most people and I have never regretted it for even one day. good luck to you - this is an AMAZING journey.

Jen 10 yrs post op
Bama_Wifey
on 10/9/11 12:58 am - AL
First of all...big hugs to you!!  My surgery is tomorrow as well.  I have been so excited but even though I take prescription sleep meds, I have not slept this past week.  I'm not thinking about it when I go to bed, but my husband thinks that subconsciencly that its weighing on my mind, which is why I'm not sleeping.  I am a bit nervous today.  But my son has had this surgery and I have friends who have had it.  None of them have regrets.  I have researched websites such as this one to get opinions of those who have had it, and I have prayed about my decision as well.  I am at peace about it.  I have already lost 87 pounds during the 6 month medically supervised diet and the 2 week pre-op diet.  So people are asking me why I'm having the surgery.  What they dont understand is this, once I make up my mind to lose weight, I can focus in on it and I can lose the weight.  I have lost and gained HUNDREDS of pounds in my lifetime.  The problem is....I can never keep it off.  THAT'S why I am having the surgery.  I still need to lose about 60 or more pounds and the surgery will help with that, but it will also be my tool to help KEEP it off.  So, even though I'm a bit nervous, I have a peace with my decision.  My thoughts and prayers will be with both of you who are having surgery tomorrow.  Just focus on the fact that this is what will help you live long enough to see your children grown and enjoy your grandchildren. 

Keep us posted...and God bless!!
HW: 337  -  Beginning 6 mo pre-op diet: 319 - Consult: 251  -  SW:238     CW: 154    -  GW: 160  (LOST 81 lbs during 6 mo pre-op diet)
SURGERY DATE: 10/10/2011    
RainDiva
on 10/9/11 1:27 am
Cyber hugs

I will be thinking about you all day. If you feel like it please post when you can. Tuesday is coming so quick I am so nervous too. but we will get through this together.

RainDiva
on 10/9/11 1:26 am
oh I so feel you on this. I am having it done on tuesday and I burst into tears last night coming from my friends house. Her and her hubby had it done around 12 years ago and they are doing great, but i am so so so scared and keep saying neg things. I will keep you in my thoughts. so many people are here to encourage us. We are not alone and a few months from now we will be helping another newbie get thru the same problems. Crying is the best medicine and I think I might take another dose later. You are strong and beautiful lets show them our girl power. I am here for you. Cyber Hugs your way. Anytime you want to talk let me know. We are taking the journey together

Kat Kat
on 10/9/11 1:28 am - AZ
You wouldn't be normal if you weren't  worried. Change can be hard and the unknown daunting,  but I assure you that so far, this has been one of the best decisions I made. 

As for God and the Bible:  Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Enjoy the rest of your day, and think about future days when you will be much healthier and even more active.

Best Wishes,
Kat

hstull1013
on 10/9/11 1:29 am - AZ
BIG HUGS!! I had my surgery last Tuesday and I was the same way all the way up until we left. I remember before I left I kissed my dogs goodbye wondering if I would ever see them again. It is nerve wrecking but it goes by so fast and you will do great!! Enjoy your day today with your family and they will support you!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and will say a prayer!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 310 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 227 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics