Yet Another Vitamin Question

bomoni727
on 9/20/11 3:31 pm - MN
 I would like to know what time of the day you take your multi-vitamin.  I know we need to take it twice a day but just curious when you take yours.
Price S.
on 9/20/11 9:55 pm - Mills River, NC
In the morning when I get up and at night when I go to bed.  I do all my vits/minerals then but the calcuim doses scattered throughout the day.  I don't do iron, postmenopasal.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

bomoni727
on 9/20/11 11:05 pm - MN
 Thank you very much Price S. that was very helpful for me.  I start to feel droopy during the day.  I had been taking mine in the morning but then again in late afternoon.  It will probably benefit me more to take my second one at bed time.  I take my B12 in the morning.  Should I be waiting later in the day to take that as well?  I'm not scheduled to start my calcium until the 28th.  Thanks again
poet_kelly
on 9/21/11 1:22 am - OH
It's good to take your B12 with your multi because your multi has lots of B vitamins in it and they all like to go together.  They work together.  But it doesn't really matter what time you take them, just whatever time works for you.  And if for some reason it works better for you to take the B12 at a different time than the multi, you'll still absorb it and it'll be OK.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AORVELO
on 9/21/11 9:34 am

I can't seem to get the chewables down very well so I switched back to the pre-natal ( not pregnant)  that I was given pre-op. I can swallow it with no problem, Do you think this is ok ? I am still waiting from a return call from Doctor. Also in my paper work it says no olives or avacodos do you know why this is. My surgery was 8-15-2011
Thank You 

poet_kelly
on 9/21/11 9:45 am - OH
Swallowing it should be fine.  The ASMBS says we can swallow our vitamins whenever we are able to tolerate it.  As far as whether or not it has the nutrients you need, just check the label.  You are looking for one with 100% of the RDA of most things in it.  Then take two a day.

I have no clue why your paperwork says no olives or avocados.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 9/21/11 1:20 am - OH
I take mine sometime in the morning and again sometime in the afternoon.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 70 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 295 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views