What are you eating/doing today? (Friday Junior)

Karen M.
on 6/18/15 2:36 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

The verdict is in - the GNC Total Lean Protein shake in banana cream flavour is **delicious**! Very mild banana flavour, pleasant texture, no after-taste. But wow, expensive - no wonder folks wait for the BOGO events.

Off to work for the day, Costco on the way home, not sure what else really!

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - GNC Total Lean Protein (banana cream)

S - muffin-tin crustless quiche with a few shots of Frank's and a Tablespoon of parmesan

L - 3 oz leftover BBQ steak, stir fry veggies, all tossed with Renee's sweet onion, crumbled feta

S - not sure I'll want one, will bring a Source Greek yogurt with me

D - exactly the same as lunch (I love leftovers)

Happy Friday Junior!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 6/18/15 3:26 am

Good morning everyone.  Karen I'm glad you like the GNC shakes, it's hard to find a shake.  For me the strawberry was too sweet, but I'll give the banana a try, maybe mixed with some PB2 powdered peanut butter for a peanut butter/banana sandwich taste.

Today it's swimming, taking the car in for servicing (they finally have the part), gardening, then out to dinner with friends.  Let's hope I get through the evening without yawning too much, lol.

11 months post op

B. Large decaf, and an iced protein coffee

S. Simply Whey protein bar

L. Smoked salmon with a poached egg on top and a little Hollandaise

S. A skinny latte

D. Some sort of protein with a little veg, not sure I'm having trouble pulling up the restaurants menu online

S. Probably won't need one

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 6/18/15 3:49 am - Mississauga, Canada

Your lunch sounds so nice (well, without the smoked salmon - I hate salmon unfortunately) - like Eggs Benedict without the English muffin - delish!

Karen

kellybelly333
on 6/18/15 5:55 am - Toronto, Canada

We ARE sisters still. I also hate salmon...and I always wished I could love it. But no. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 6/19/15 4:12 am - Mississauga, Canada

So funny! I too would love to love salmon - it looks so pretty on the plate but tastes so gag-worthy in my mouth. lol

Karen

birdiegirl
on 6/18/15 3:42 am

RNY  6 Years 2 Months Post Op

Morning

Looking forward to eating after my scope this afternoon.  I cant believe how much weight I dropped in one day   ...yeah I know its not 'real' weight but hopefully at least some of it will stay off

STEPS - 4439

EATS

B and L - water and black coffee until 8:30

D - Panko crusted tilapia

a few spears of asparagus

S - Yogurt or pudding if I need one

All water and vits

Have a great one 

Karen M.
on 6/18/15 3:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'd be looking forward to eating too, Barb! Despite me not having a hunger sensation, I am always amazed at how head-hungry I get the moment I have to fast for a test of some sort and I end up white-knuckling 'til it's over with. A little weight loss is a pleasant side-effect though! I hope your scope is uneventful - that's never pleasant. I also hope the scope is routine and not because you've been feeling badly. Good luck!

Karen

Zizzler
on 6/17/15 8:49 pm, edited 6/17/15 8:51 pm

Good morning EveryoneKaren thanks for the info on the banana shakes, I have to try them before the bogo 50% off is done.  I would not pay the full price either, way too pricey for me.

Had someone tell me they were jealous that I lost so much weight.  I said thank you I feel good. I then explained how much time I need to spend clothes shopping, it really is annoying.  I got no sympathy, to say the least, she looked at me like I was crazy.  But it's true, when I buy a top and by the time I wear it it no longer fits it is annoying.  I am just glad I have this forum of people who do understand. 

10 months post op

b - vanilla gnc lean protein shake, decaf coffee 

s - 3 little pumpkin nut squares

l - tuna veg casserole, cucumber slices

s - plain greek yogurt with sf jello and a small banana

d - 1/2 shaved ham with lc Swiss on top, heated in the microwave, with mustard and a full sour pickle 

s - other half of dinner or pumpkin squares

all water and vits

have a good one everyone

kellybelly333
on 6/18/15 3:55 am - Toronto, Canada

Morning all,

currently sitting on on a spin bike waiting for class to start, so why not check in? Training is going well. Had to add a half ironman race (as per my coach) that is on July 5th. My swim isn't the best, but I'll make the cutoff.

still hungry all the time, which is no fun for my wee head. But nice to hear that it's the same for the "normies" in my Tri club.

b: protein coffee, queen street bread and almond butter

s: quest bar (didn't have one yesterday)

l: last of the chili

s: banana and almond butter

d: unsure just yet!!

have a great day all!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

new_me180
on 6/17/15 9:41 pm, edited 6/18/15 1:07 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Happy junior Friday and could you believe it, i could not sleep last night. I was tired but just couldn't fall asleep well, until sometime after 4am. I'll go back to bed after breakfast.

Yesterday i went to just have a look see at giant tiger and as usual they had a few good sales and i was adamant on NOT spending any money. I did good as i only bought a pair of legging for $4 and get this, they were a size SMALL/MEDIUM. Needless to say, i was stoked. Never in my adult life have i ever been that small, made my day for sure and compared to some of the cloths in my closet, they looked so tiny :).

Good luck with your scope today Barb, hope all goes well.

B - 2 small scrambled eggs, 1/8 cup lentils

L - 1/2 flat out stuffed with lettuce, slices turkey breast and cheese

S - 1/2 tbsp pb, 1/8 cup banana, pork rinds

D - 2oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup rice pilaff (homemade)

S - 2oz chicken breast, cappuccino

Totals: 800cals, 47 carbs, 30 fats, 88 protein

Have a great day all, Nia

Most Active
Recent Topics