What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

Karen M.
on 6/10/15 2:44 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

Off to work this morning for another fun-filled day, have to run a couple of errands at lunch, Dr. appointment after work, then home to collapse. Trying to get a crap-ton of stuff done today as I'm hoping to take Friday off - we'll see what I can actually manage lol

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Source Greek (cherry), a few grapes

L - leftover chicken/veggie stir fry

S - muffin-tin crustless quiche

D - Shepherd's pie (easy on the mashed potatoes, heavy on the rest of it)

S - not sure yet

Happy Hump day!

K. :) 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 6/10/15 3:40 am

RNY  6 Years 2 Months Post Op

Morning

mmmm - shepherds pie...enjoy!

Out the door shortly for a golf match - errands after.  Was awake from 2 until 4:45 - watched a great movie though.  Thankfully home this evening

STEPS - 6630

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - cobb salad

D - 1.5 cups of sweet kale salad

4.5 oz baked pork tenderloin

asparagus - I will eat them most nights when in season - so good

S - Jello pudding with cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,376,  Carbs - 105 Grams,  Fat - 50 Grams,  Protein - 118 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one 

Zizzler
on 6/10/15 3:45 am

Good morning Karen, I also am getting an earlier start to get work done.  I hope you are able to achieve your goal of a long weekend.  My belly still appears to be sticking out more the last 3 days or so, like I have a bun in the oven, which I do not.  Today just the usual routine, work, the gym, bed.  At least it's nice and sunny today, it helps!

9 months post op

b - 1/2 strawberry gnc lean protein shake, xl decaf coffee...later other 1/2 of shake

s - 1 slice p28 bread with margarine and sf stewed rhubarb 

l - 1 cup leftover tofu and veg stir fry, cucumber slices

s - cottage cheese and a small banana

d - same as lunch or open faced toasted tomato sandwich on p28 bread

s - sf grape koolaid

all water and vits

have a good one

Patm
on 6/10/15 5:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Do you think it could be trapped gas or constipation?

Zizzler
on 6/10/15 2:00 pm

No constipation but trapped gas is possible.  I am not having any pressure or pain though, which is odd. My pants feel tigger around the belly too.  Maybe retaining water?  Hopefully it goes down soon.

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/15 5:42 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I had really bad bloat for months. I recently started drinking 1 cup of milk of your choice with 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder in it and I heat it up and drink it.  Bloat is gone and so is that absolutely disgusting gas that accompanied it.  I use Silk Coconut Milk Unsweetened at 50 cals per cup as I don't do cow's milk.  It only took two days to get rid of the bloat that nobody could tell me what was causing it for months and months.  I did have really bad distension when I had my bowel obstructions but the bloat would go away as soon as the obstruction resolved itself.  

Zizzler
on 6/10/15 2:05 pm

Hmmm...I have sf almond breeze and turmeric, I might try that.  Any idea what caused your bloating?  only unusual things I've eaten are tofu and sf stewed rhubarb.  How did you know you had a bowel obstruction?  Just no bowel movement or other symptoms?  

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/15 2:09 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

No idea what caused it.  If I try to stop taking the turmeric and milk then by day 2, it comes back so now I just drink it daily.  Bowel obstructions are extremely painful.  You get severe pain, bloating and barfing or dry heaving.  The lack of any gas passing is a sure sign but I had the pain long before I had the lack of gas passing.  I had an internal hernia that was causing the obstructions and ever since it was repaired in January I have had terrible bloat and gas.

Zizzler
on 6/10/15 2:53 pm

Wow, that sounds awful, does your centre not have any other solutions for the bloating?  Of course, if the milk works then it is an easy solution.  Thank you for letting me know the symptoms, I will keep an eye out for them. 

TanyaLH
on 6/10/15 4:38 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 years post op

steps 12589

Morning all,

Karen I hope you get your crap-ton done so you can have a long weekend!

Barb, enjoy your golfing today.

Zizz, I hope your belly goes down soon.

Gym date with my sister today, other wise just home relaxing. Today is my only day off this week so I am going to try and relax a little.

B sm banana, 1/2 c ff cottage cheese, protein coffee

S 1 oz lf cheese, a few grape tomatos

L the Costco chicken salad wrapped in a lettuce leaf

S homemade protein shake after work out

D 4 oz bbq veal, grilled asparagus

Be well everyone

Tanya

Most Active
Recent Topics