What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Karen M.
on 4/22/15 7:21 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all and Happy Friday Junior! Woot!

Off to work this morning for day 11 of 12 straight and I'm already doing a little happy shuffle (can't do a happy dance, too tired). Good trip to Costco yesterday (thank you Monica for letting me know they had their roast chicken salad back!) although I forgot to get a case of Premier shakes in my rush to exit. Grrr....

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Greek yogurt with a sprinkle of toasted almonds

L - Costco roast chicken salad in a small whole wheat tortilla with lettuce, cucumber

S - more chicken salad, cucumber and red pepper for dipping (like CRACKers but not CRACKers)

D - 3 oz chicken breast, roasted veggies

S - likely just tea/coffee

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 4/22/15 8:01 pm

Good morning everyone.  Karen you make me want to try the Costco chicken salad, problem is I'm not a member and would have to rely on my friend to be a guest on her membership.

Yesterday was a good day, yoga went very well although a little pain in the back through the night so today will be a no exercise rest day.  The focus at the yoga class was gentle stretching and meditation with deep breathing.  There may be something to this whole zen meditation thing, because this is the second week in a row where after class I was able to let some things roll off my back and DH and I really opened up about some of the feelings that people are normally guarded about.  The talk was all very comfortable and felt natural, not forced (definitely a bonding moment, who knew after 30 years)   Had a good night out with DH listening to live music.  This time I was able to order an appetizer and still had leftovers (but at least not a week's worth of leftovers).  

Today is me trying to stop the procrastination and get the paperwork finished (at least for now as paperwork is never ending).  Going out with the girls tonight to see Woman in Gold.  We like Helen Mirren and our husbands aren't interested in any of her films (labelled chick flicks) so it's a girls gone mild evening with movie and an expensive coffee after.

9 months post op

B. Large decaf coffee with SF cinnamon dolce syrup and a quarter of a Premier Protein Vanilla shake added as creamer

S. Half of a Poblano pepper stuffed with scrambled eggs, Monterey jack cheese and topped with fresh pico de gallo

L. Turkey meatloaf bought from the grocery store with mashed cauliflower.

S. Source Greek yogurt apple pie

D. Catfish bites with a little cajun aioli, some roasted peppers, sauteed mushrooms

S. Large cup of Protein Hot Chocolate

I will plug all of this into MFP and see how the numbers come out, it may need tweaking.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 4/22/15 8:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You know, it just sounds like you are in a good place right now (with yourself) and its spilling over to your relationship with your husband, which is a wonderful thing. :)

For the $55 per year membership at Costco I certainly get my moneys worth (and have for the past 25 years). The meat is excellent (in fact, I wont buy ground beef anywhere else now, its somehow better), the price on dairy (cream for my coffee, any type of cheese), eggs, Premier protein shakes, and vitamins makes it worthwhile. The free samples at dinnertime don't hurt either. lol

Karen

new_me180
on 4/22/15 8:15 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Ah, i see the chicken is back Karen, enjoy. At least your long stretch is almost over and you'll be break dancing when it's all over, lol. CC enjoy your night out. 

Today i go in for surgery and of course i could not sleep because i got nervous all of a sudden. Well wish me luck and i hope to have a smooth recovery. I'll update on how i'm doing as soon as i can. Thank you all for the well wishes.

17 months post op

no eats today :)

Have a great day all, Nia

Karen M.
on 4/22/15 8:20 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Very best wishes today, Nia! Post when you can to let us know how fabulously you're doing! xo

Karen

crqvingchange
on 4/22/15 8:30 pm

Nia wishing you all the best and a very speedy recovery.  Hopefully it will be smooth sailing after this.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Leanne1
on 4/22/15 8:56 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Good luck today :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Patm
on 4/22/15 9:11 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck today. Take care of yourself

Zizzler
on 4/22/15 9:18 pm

Good luck today, let us know how things go.

ChristineV
on 4/23/15 12:28 am

Wishing you all the best today Nia.

Chrsitine

File Transferred:  January 2015, Orientation in Thunder Bay via OTN:  January 26, 2015, One-on-one appointments with Dr. Abu-Bakare and Dietician:  February 13, 2015, Sleep test:  February 22, 2015, One-on-one appointment with Psychologist:  February 23, 2015, OTN appointment with surgeon and surgery booked:  March 5, 2015, Surgery Date:  March 25, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics