What did you wear in the hospital?

jen1016
on 9/12/13 9:28 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13
I am getting my list ready for my surgery, and wondering what you all wore in the hopsital? Did you change to a nighty, pj's or just keep on what the hospital gives you? I know we have to walk while we are there - so trying to decide what I want to bring!!

Thanks,
Jen

ToNewBeginnings
on 9/12/13 9:38 pm

I wore the hospital gown and that was it. When I was walking I wore another one as a housecoat. I brought a pair of non-skid slip on shoes.

It hurt to move and I wouldn't have wanted to bend to take off underwear or change clothes.

(I found baby wipes and lip balm very useful).

johjen
on 9/12/13 9:45 pm
I changed into jogging pants and a sweater.. I was more comfortable in my own cloths. But that was about all that I used while I was in the hospital..
jen1016
on 9/12/13 11:09 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

You didn't find the jogging pants bothered your stiches?  I was thinking of that too!

johjen
on 9/12/13 11:25 pm
Nope not at all! The stitches were further up not along the waist band of my pants
Monica M.
on 9/12/13 9:52 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

just wore the hospital gown. More convenient if you have to have the IV in, and i figured if i threw up or something, i didnt want to get it on my stuff. Wear another gown backwards to cover your butt. You can bring a pair of slip on shoes or something like that for your feet, but don't bother with PJs.

Laurie C.
on 9/12/13 10:27 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I bought 2 pair of pj's at Pennington's (my last purchase there) that looked like a top and pants and wore that and wore them home too, I took my Berkenstocks for walking around in.  Baby wipes are great and some light reading like a magazine or Readers Digest 'cause you're in and out all day.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Catw
on 9/12/13 10:30 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I just wore the hospital stuff.  Definitely bring non slip shoes/slippers for when you walk.  Some bring a housecoat, but I just wore a gown backwards.  Then you don't have to worry about getting anything on it.  When you go to the hospital, wear lose fitting clothing (i.e. jogging pants) and you can wear the same thing out. The less you bring, the less you have to worry about.

Cathy

Pawsitive_One
on 9/12/13 10:53 pm
RNY on 07/02/13

I was comfy wearing a loose T-shirt, a bra that clasps in the front and loose yoga pants along with Birkenstock flip flops.

nmcgreen
on 9/12/13 10:57 pm - Canada

I liked having pj bottoms so I wasn't exposed.

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

Most Active
Recent Topics