My addiction transfer story : Hard Drugs

mhiggins
on 9/29/11 1:49 am
I 4get who it was about a year back on this board, who I thought was an ass at the time, but she said "oh, and good luck with your addiction transfer after surgery.." Well she called it on point. I went off the deep end. I was injecting heroin & cocaine for a few months. I ALMSOT lost EVERYTHING. Never in a million years would I ever think id be an IV drug user! If you think "not me" u got another thing coming because addiction transfer is very real, and for me it was scary. I did a lot of shameful things in those few short months, now I am paying for it, I have court every freakin week, paying my boss back money I stole, the things I did were just not ME! Ive been sober for about 8 weeks, finally starting to feel like myself again. Luckily I still have my job, my apt and im ALIVE!!!! This is not easy for me to share so please be easy on me! I am trying to be as open and honest with everyone about my addiction. Is their anyone else out there with an addiction transfer as bad as mine? PM me if you dont wanna post here....
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

Its a Secret
on 9/29/11 1:52 am
I haven't even had the surgery yet but I can offer you an PM to lean on and my freindship. I am so proud and impressed that you were able to turn things around....keep it going one day at a time hun...

mhiggins
on 9/29/11 1:54 am
THank you for the support. ::hugs:: PM me
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

yorkieGal
on 9/29/11 2:02 am - Clermont, FL
Good for you for making this difficult post. see the answer i gave to the other poster who had a transfer addiction. I think you are very brave and thank goodness that you are doing this work on your transfer addiction, I am so happy that you are on the road to recovery and well done on the 8 weeks of sobriety.

yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

mhiggins
on 9/29/11 2:07 am
thanks yorkie!
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

Twi light
on 9/29/11 2:04 am - NY
Congratulations for being sober for 8 weeks. You deserve to be additiction free and healthy.

scoob
on 9/29/11 2:08 am - Somerset, KY
So sorry to hear that you've went through this but so glad to hear you're 8 weeks sober! Keep up the great work. I know it couldn't have been easy to come here and share this. HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

mhiggins
on 9/29/11 2:20 am
No it wasnt easy, Ive been thinking about this post for a while. I just hope maybe I helped some1 else by sharing, maybe open eyes on the matter. :)
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/11 3:44 am - San Jose, CA

Several people warned you - for example: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4237454/Weekend-Warrior -I-can-tip-em-back-with-the-best-of-em/#34822873

I hope this is an object lesson for the newbies here - and thank you for your honesty.  I hope things continue to get better for you. 

I'm sure you have this under control by now, but if you were speedballing, I'm guessing that you might not have kept up with your supplements - have you had labs drawn recently?

mhiggins
on 9/29/11 10:45 pm
I didnt listen to the warnings when I should have :( No I did not keep up with my vites at that time, I am due to get labs drawn next month
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 713 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1019 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 341 views