My addiction transfer story : Hard Drugs

Jennifer D.
on 9/29/11 7:57 am
Are you in a recovery program? The 12 steps are good for everyone.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Twyla S.
on 9/29/11 12:07 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 Bless your heart doll.....I know posting that was hard for you.  I came from a very very strict (think the strictest say....Church of God...you can think of, and quadruple it...breathing was almost a sin!) upbringing...church three times a week, chapel every morning before school, and bible classes with my school work.  I never seen a drug, wouldn't have known one if it had bit me on the ass, growing up.

I had three children....they were all GREAT kids, well behaved, loving, went to bed on time....very easy to deal with.  I guess God was cutting me a break for what was to come.  All three of my children....as teens, became addicted to crack.  I watched it tear them apart (once I figured out just WHY the tv antennae kept getting shorter...), watched as both of my sons were locked up in jail for drugs, and chased my 13 year old daughter through every crack house in town.  There's a BIG reason I have alot of mental meds now...LOL

All of us face things that are bigger than we are, and sometimes life just has to ***** slap us to get us to realize what road we're headed down.  One of the things I've seen....in my eldest son especially....is that addicts UNDERESTIMATE the power that whatever drug hold over them.  My eldest son's plan was to get out of jail and SELL crack.  Did I mention he was blond?  Needless to say, he's right back where he started...in jail.  Get to a mental health clinic....be up front with them about the addiction.  There are meds that help with the cravings etc.  Just don't fall into the trap of taking a pill that you end up addicted to, that was supposed to HELP your addiction.  Some of these docs need to be horsewhipped for creating some cross addictions.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
mhiggins
on 9/29/11 10:51 pm
Thank you for sharing that difficult story, I am so sorry to hear this must of been hard for you to share all this. Stay strong!
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

Shavonne P.
on 9/30/11 12:57 am
You don't know how much I admire you for posting this.  I know that wasn't easy for you to do.  I have drug and alcohol addiction on both sides of my family.  Thankfully I have never fell victim.  PM if you ever need a shoulder.
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Mdae
on 9/30/11 1:56 am
You're very brave.  People can be harsh to strangers on an open forum.  I'm very glad for you that you're straightening things out, and thank you for the words of caution.  I hope that you're able to continue with your sobriety success, and that others can learn from your story.

mhiggins
on 9/30/11 1:57 am
Honestly they were more harsh when I was in denial about my problems. I got support from posting this. Always be honest with yourself! :)
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 978 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 439 views