Recent Posts

Blu-Diva
on 6/1/12 4:46 am - Hamilton, Canada
Topic: RE: May 30th
 Sending you good vibes and best wishies.  

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Blu-Diva
on 6/1/12 4:44 am - Hamilton, Canada
Topic: RE: I HAVE A DREAM...THAT ONE DAY!
 Wooooo Hoooo     You can do anything !!!!!

Blu-Diva      

Blu-Diva
on 6/1/12 4:40 am - Hamilton, Canada
Topic: RE: OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTION...
 No not the slice ah ah, I was reading somewhere that we all have to to stall for the body to change so this is good I believe. Your doing awesome, great work girl.

Blu-Diva      

MSW will not settle
on 6/1/12 2:58 am
Topic: RE: DS pre-Op...Any advice???
If I could time my "drops" to be in the right place when the urge strikes, the alterred bathroom habits would have been less of a concern.  My major bathroom consideration related to having to go when I am not at home. Actually, the bathroom issues you described are a bit more than I considered, lol.  I ignore message boards for this type of info because it is way too subjective.  I read clinical studies from around the world before crossing ds off the list.  Depends was a smart move although the possible need never crossed my mind. Even if you never need it knowing you are protected is priceless.  
Like potty habits and ds, food limitations and dumping are way over exagerrated with rny.  Like you its protein first; nutritious veg; simple carbs from fruit; adequate good fats; and a limit on white sugar and flour, plus similar foods with limited nutrition and higher calorie absorption.  With moderation most folks can eat anything a few years post rny.  It is over indulgence that generally triggers negative reactions like dumping and reactive hypoglycemia.  There are always exceptions, but few rny folks who eat well from the start can never indulge in a treat of any kind for life.  The same simple carbs you mentioned are the enemy of all wls procedures.  Many of us must give up certain foods because of what wls can't fix in us. 

MSW will not settle
on 6/1/12 2:34 am
Unfortunately I also have multiple autoimune issues.  Wls has not helped or hurt my conditions.  What it did was underscore the negative impact disease and treatment has had on my ability to loose and maintain even after wls. 

I've also considered becoming an rd.  Many so called nutritionists are lightly trained clerical staff who know little about wls nutrition.  RNY included, in spite of having been considered the gold standard for over ten years now.  Even when affiliated with a surgical practice, nutritional staff are often grossly under educated about metabolism.  Factor in drug interactions that negatively impact wl.  Their knowledge base in this area is near zero. 

Nutritionists and even some surgeons accuse patients who struggle of blatant non compliance.  We need registered dietitions who are better educated and can offer dietry options when the standard practice is ineffective.  Patients deserve better than what passes for nutritional support today.   Overall, my surgical practice was very good except where nutrition was concerned.  I met with the standard ignorance from the nursing and nutrition staff. 

Fortunately, my surgeon also had rny.  In addition, he has a better understanding of metabolic issues related to autoimune disease and treatment.  He was frank about the fact that there are metabolic issues no wls can resolve.  Those of us who struggle are uniquely suited to counsel others with more than the norm to cope with. 

Good luck with this.  We need folks like you in the profession. 

MSW will not settle
on 6/1/12 2:03 am
You do it girl.  My mom was an ER head nurse with specialized trauma certifications.  She worked the night shuft in one of the busiest er's in the country.  A noble profession.  Me, I'll stick with a desk job, lol. 
Tasha B.
on 6/1/12 12:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Topic: RE: BAF-FB
Thank you very much
MSW will not settle
on 5/31/12 11:08 pm
Topic: RE: 11 Months post op with pics
Must ditto on the interval training.  Research HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts.  Insanity per the infomercials is one but there are many or easily make your own for free.  High cal burn and a real blood pumping rush.  An admired BAF vet used to say boredome can kill your work outs.  Grab some variety.  
Thicklin
on 5/31/12 10:36 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12
Topic: RE: SEARCH RESULTS...

Good laugh... love the died penis joke and the rolex ahahahah!

syarbroG-5
on 5/31/12 10:32 pm
Topic: RE: 11 Months post op with pics
Thanks Ladies, These responses mean so much coming from You Ladies. You guys have been there and doing that. I do rely on your blosgs and your updates to keep this journey well grounded. I am relying on yall to keep me headed in the right direction. I am gonna succeed. I don't take it lightly. MSW I wear your blog out Sister. keep it coming. And MsJanice I read your article. Very inspiring. Keep doing what you are doing. Beautiful bride. Thanks So Much Ladies, Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 207 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1150 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2063 views