11 Months post op with pics

syarbroG-5
on 5/31/12 8:32 am
Well BAF Family, As of the 27th of May, I am 11 Months Post Op. I am down 81 pounds and holding, holding, holding............. Is this a STALL or a STOP...UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I am starting to feel like I have failed myself. I was suppose to be at 100 pounds down by 1 year out. Don't look like that's going to happen. I have poor eating habits, I don't exercise much lately. I thought I was tired all the time because of school, but I graduated May 13th. YYYAAAAAAYYYY ME!!! But I literally have to make myself move off the couch lately. Does anyone experience this, this far out. I have not made it to one year and already I am struggling with trying not to gain weight. Maintenance is gonna be a Mother!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still try to get all the protein in .......between 80 and 100 daily. My caloric goal is 1200 and I try not to go over 1400.......... ( sometimes I do go over, slightly)!! But for the next 26 day I plan to put my all into it. I need some tips from some who have struggled!! HELP!! This time last year I was dreading giving up soda (DR PEPPER!!!!) I have not had any since June 15th or so. I dont eat a lot of sweets. I still count sugar grams per serving. I don't dump, much. I have dumped on sweet wine, and chinese food. The enemies...................... I need all the rallying I can get. Stay on me for the next 26 days........................ If ever a time I need you guys, it is now................. Hey I can take harsh criticism/advice!! 26 days and counting!!!
And why are family and friends telling me NOT to lose anymore weight. 189 is too close to 200 for me to be comfortable.......... I figured that if I had to be 100 lbs overweight to qualify for the surgery, wouldn't I want to lose 100 lbs. Or I am I expecting to lose it too soon...........
Love yall, sharon

P.S. I graduated with High Honors............ Full Ride Scholarship Babeeeeeeeeeee.............
Going to Jackson State University in the Fall............
Pray for Me

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSW will not settle
on 5/31/12 3:24 pm, edited 5/31/12 10:51 pm
You look fantastic!  Congratulations.  Treasure your successs.  Over 80 hard won pounds is no small blessing. 

We go into this believing that we will drop at least 100 lbs in the first year.  Few talk about loosing less because the bragging is always about the big numbers.   Like you, It takes many of us longer to hit that 100 lb mark or to make our goal. 

Give up the sweets.  Cut back on the starchy carbs.  Limit the simple carbs like sugars in fruits.  Ramp up the cardio.  Even if your metabolism is slow you can loose the rest. 

Keep pushing for the 100 lbs or whatever you desire.  Don't worry about comments of others.  Most of us are so accustomed to overweight people that a normal bmi seems "skinny".  Go with how you feel about yourself and your body.  Most of all, enjoy!   

ETA:  HAPPY GRADUATION!    Another hard won victory.  Further proof that you can do anything you set out to do.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

dstgirl2000
on 5/31/12 8:40 pm
First off the bat........CONGRATULATIONS!!......There's no substitute for knowledge and a great education.  You are to be commended.  Don't downplay that 81 lbs in 11 months......That's a great victory.  Credit yourself for getting that done while rocking honors in school.

I know what you mean though when you feel that you haven't reached your set goal.  As usual, we know why we have not when we vent and post already.  You told us part of the reason........"I have poor eating habits, I don't exercise much lately"
........Change that!!  You know what you had to do in the beginning to get the first 80 lbs off.  Switch it up with your exercise, try early morning workouts and interval exercises that brings your heart rate up for a few minutes and then slow it down.  Switch up your eating routine too.  Cut your portions and maybe eat smaller meals more often.

Best wishes,

JJ

MSW will not settle
on 5/31/12 11:08 pm
Must ditto on the interval training.  Research HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts.  Insanity per the infomercials is one but there are many or easily make your own for free.  High cal burn and a real blood pumping rush.  An admired BAF vet used to say boredome can kill your work outs.  Grab some variety.  
syarbroG-5
on 5/31/12 10:32 pm
Thanks Ladies, These responses mean so much coming from You Ladies. You guys have been there and doing that. I do rely on your blosgs and your updates to keep this journey well grounded. I am relying on yall to keep me headed in the right direction. I am gonna succeed. I don't take it lightly. MSW I wear your blog out Sister. keep it coming. And MsJanice I read your article. Very inspiring. Keep doing what you are doing. Beautiful bride. Thanks So Much Ladies, Sharon
Blu-Diva
on 6/1/12 5:00 am - Hamilton, Canada
 It all because of you, awesome,  

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 206 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1150 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2063 views