Always HUNGRY!!!!!!

roser13
on 6/2/05 6:33 am - Glendale, CA
Hey all, I have a problem and I want to know if this happens to any of you!! I feel hungry ALLL the TIME and nothing seems to satisfy it. What can I do? I have Ice, SF jello,pops,yogart,pudding and my protein. But nothing satisfy's it. I can eat chicken and not even that well help. I am always hungry. How long does this last and what do you all do to feel full and satisfied. Rosie
DEBI
on 6/3/05 12:27 am - Indianapolis, IN
Sorry your feeling this way. Have you discussed this with your doctor? I am 10 months out and I have just gotten my appetite back recently...up to now I have had to force myself to eat my 3 meals a day...Now I seem hungry all the time...but I am still able to eat very little. Also....do you have post-op instructions? I had to eat soft foods (no meat) for the 1st 30 days after surgery to allow the staple line to heal. You might try increasing your protein supplements....your body is literally starving afterall and it knows it needs protein...so maybe that is why you are feeling hungry. Best wishes on your journey!!
roser13
on 6/3/05 6:57 am - Glendale, CA
Deborah,I think I made some big mistakes in my journey. I ate solids to soon on my first 2-3 weeks and I think that has something to do with me being hungry. I mean,maybe I stretched out my pouch! Or the other is maybe it is a head thing or i'm just bored. I'm going shopping today to try to get some healthy snacks. And I do have at least 96grams of protein a day. I want to try the protein bars,I think Trader Joes has the Zone Bar thats pretty good. Thanks for the wishes. Hugs & Rosie
DEBI
on 6/3/05 7:04 am - Indianapolis, IN
Good idea about the protein bars....they have some called Super Crunch on www.bariatriceating.com and they are soooooooooo good. I am going to order me some this month...not really that expensive either. How far out are you? I know I have always been HEAD hungry....but once I get something out to eat...I am not hungry. I know that I DON'T dump on sugar....so I have to watch my snacks...but I just focus on getting in my protein...not much room for anything else. As long as your weight is going down....I wouldn't worry too much....by the end of your first year you will be able to eat a cup at a time and that will be heaven...at least it will be for me...I am still at about 1/2 to 3/4 cup each meal...and I am 10 months...so I think I need to work on increasing the meal sizes...ugh. So much food to eat...so little time
roser13
on 6/3/05 7:11 am - Glendale, CA
I have been losing 2lbs a week,is this normal?I had surgery on the 3rd of May.The Zone Bar taste like a Rice Crispy to me. I dont dump on sugar either and so I have to watch out for that too. Hugs & 's Rosie
DEBI
on 6/3/05 7:28 am - Indianapolis, IN
Well I guess it depends on what type of surgery you had...how much you started out at...etc...etc.... I started out at 296 and lost about 32 pounds the first month...then it dropped to 8-13 pounds each month after that. But I ate so little the first month...a tablespoon of mashed potatoes was all I could handle at one time...half a scrambled egg...a tablespoon of cottage cheese...these were complete meals...the first month. I ate about 3 tablespoons of food each day. By the 2nd month...I was up to 2-3 tablespoons of food for each meal. I can now eat about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food at one meal.....last night I must have been hungry because I ate almost a whole grilled cheese sandwich. I had the RNY and the surgeon I use leaves very little of the stomach left after he is done...I had about 1 ounce when he was done....and I didn't want to do anything to ruin it...so I ate very little in the beginning...I was head hungry...and I was craving something to crunch....but I avoided anything not on my list and just focused on getting my protein and vitamins in each day....I was lucky to get in 2 meals a day in that first month...I just wasn't hungry once I started eating. All I knew when I had this done was that it wouldn't work unless I made it work...and I didn't want it to fail and gain the weight back. I am down 111 pounds in 10 months and I have 40 to go. My only advice to you is to eat good foods....eat veggies (cooked well done) and dairy products...if you are hungry...make it worth while....eat cheese cubes or nuts...at least you will get protein. I even added over-cooked egg noodles to my diet after the 1st 30 days. I guess you might want to talk to your dietitian on your next follow-up visit with your doctor. You are on a follow-up program aren't you? Good luck!!!
roser13
on 6/3/05 9:51 am - Glendale, CA
Ya know I hear stories like yours on the board and I admire you all! I kick myself because I couldnt stick to the liquid or soft liquid plan. I ate 1 week after surgery because I couldnt deal with not eating. I had fought 3 long years for this surgery and here I am not able to deal with therules. I try not to eat any junk food,but I do eat my trail mix and chicken strips and I had a taco from Taco Bell today for lunch,And I finished it. What does that say to you,that I could eat a whole taco! I dont want to gain the weight back by stretching out my pouch but I think that later on when I'm able to eat a whole meal I will choose the wrong foods.I thank you for your support,it does help me by thinking twice(for today at least) what I put into my mouth. Hugs & 's Rosie
Joan F.
on 6/8/05 2:58 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hi Rosie! You sound like a very beautiful person. What works for me is going shopping --- looking at something beautiful. Or looking at beautiful clothes in magazines and "pretend" planning a wardrobe. I bet you'll look FANTASTIC! Joan
roser13
on 6/8/05 4:56 pm - Glendale, CA
Hey Joan, I like you already,I love to shop! I feel beautiful thanks,and so do you. I'm getting better little by little.And I cant wait to buying a whole new wardrobe!!!!!! But I am going to wait for awhile because I dont know how much I will lose and when it'll stop. Luv Ya Rosie
lisadill
on 6/7/05 3:25 am - monson, MA
Hi Rosie, I know how you feel. I had surgery on 99/04 and started at 258 and am now at 158. I got the hunger around my 6th month. It has not stopped. This is part of our disorder and how we got so large. This is something you are going to have to mentally conquer. I have tried drinking water when I start to feel hunger and I have just gotten done my meal a hour before. I am trying to talk myself into the fact that I just ate and it is not hunger pains. I also choose fruit and low calorie foods. You are on the right track; this is where we have a uphill battle. It can be won just by the choices in food. It will get easier as time goes on. I can now handle it better than before and I am up to eating 1 cup of food and am not at my year. So, I have stretched a bit, but I know that I will not go any further. I stop myself and have actually thrown food out!!! I have never done it before in my life...but I am actually enjoyed shopping for size 10 clothes. I had great weight loss in the beginning but have slowed down a great deal, to maybe 3 to 5 pounds a month. Keep up what you are doing, and start to listen to you realize mentally when you have had enough and how long ago. I try to eat something at least every 2 hours and stay satisfied. Keep up what you are doing, and start to listen to you realize mentally when you have had enough and how long ago. I try to eat something at least every 2 hours and stay satisfied. Good luck, and hang in there. It will get easier. Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8487 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9053 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11027 views