Has anyone had a reversal of the surgery?

Dally R.
on 4/16/05 8:56 am - Cleveland, OH
Just wondering if that is a possibility.
Vivid
on 4/17/05 3:05 am - Western, MA
Which surgery? You cannot "reverse" the RNY or DS - only get revisions. The lap band is completely reversible.
T H.
on 4/21/05 9:33 am - Killeen, TX
I believe that having the RNY reversed is a possibility, however it is almost always not covered by insurance. I was told that that was one of the major reasons for not removing the remaining portion of your old stomach. T hickman 282/219/140
chari39
on 5/2/05 11:47 pm - Waukesha, WI
I agree, I was also the same thing by my surgeon.
Shayna T.
on 4/22/05 4:46 am - Miami, FL
Hi Dally I don't know about reversals personally, but if you are having medical difficulties related to your surgery and can't find any help, I'd suggest reading this profile http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=H1076007589 and contacting Dani Hart. She might be able to offer you some assistance. I also think she has a webring user's group for people who are experiencing life-threatening complications. Good luck to you! ~ Trish
Lisar91570
on 5/5/05 1:05 pm - AMELIA, OH
A reversal is absolutel possible. My friend Sandy Pierce had a reversal April 4th. This is only done as a last resort. Lisa
stacey b
on 6/15/05 6:10 pm - kokomo, IN
a reversal is totally possible, BUT there are other risks involved. We do them on our unit and out of the 7 docs that we have only one haaas done one that I know of. There are other optiions if you are having problems that are that bad
liara
on 3/20/06 9:47 am - Sparta, MI
Yes, I had a reversal of the RNY. By the time I had the reversal, I was extremely underweight and living on IV fluid and nutrition to keep me alive. Going through a reversal isn't worth it, though, unless you have serious complications from the original WLS
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8487 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9053 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11027 views