Loosing too much...?

Raindrop2006
on 8/23/09 5:52 am - ROCKWALL, TX
I know... nice problem to have, right?? NOT!  People around me tell me that I need to gain about 5-8 pounds.  I am 5"1' and weigh 106. The tables say I should be around 100-130 pounds, but being 46 years old I understand I don't/shouldn't weigh 100 pounds (though in my head, that would be awsome).  I have some extra skin (not too much, but it's there).  I don't wanna look emaciated either.  I had my surgery in August 2006.  So, last week I ate like a maniac, a little bit at a time so not to mess up my pouch.  I waited anxiously to weigh myself again today and alas... I am 106.  What a joke, huh?  So, anybody having the same prob?  Would Ensure help me?

Jesus, take the wheel.... 
(before I make a mess of myself!)

cajungirl
on 8/29/09 5:16 am
I know you are worried and rightfully so.  I am also 5'1" (actually 5'2" since the weight loss) and got down to 116 lbs and although I thought at the time it was awesome, looking back I looked sick. 

I did gain some and remained at 125 lbs for quite some time, since March of this year I've put on 12 lbs and the past two weeks I'm having to work REALLY HARD to get it off. 

Ensure is high sugar and may cause you to dump (if you dump).  Can you give an idea of what you eat, how often, how much?  Maybe others can make suggestions on eating that will allow you to gain a little weight.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

mew6495
on 9/24/09 9:04 am - MI
 I went pretty low after my original WLS in 2001.  It stayed that way for about 3 years then my bounce back started.  Yours may too...

I read somewhere that if you are loosing to much to do the exact opposite of what the "RNY or Pouch rules" calls for.  increase carb intake, eat some inbetween meals, drink with your meals etc.  Just be carful to not stretch out your pouch by overeating to much at one meal.

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/10 4:25 am - Kent, WA
Thank you for your post.  I am glad to hear I am not alone!  I am 7 1/2 months post op and only 5 lbs away from my "goal" weight ( I now know was a joke).  Just 45 days after my surgery, my husband and I moved to a small village in Hungary which brought a great deal of stress into my life.  Needless to say I have not had regular follow-up visits with my surgeon and finding a doctor in Hungary that deals with bariatric patients is almost impossible.  For the past month I have been feeling extremely tired and dizzy all the time.  Last week I visited my family doctor in Budapest and was told I have lost TOO much weight way too quickly, causing my blood pressure to average around 72 / 47.  

I don't know if others experienced this but although I was seeing the results on the scale, I did not see a difference when I looked in the mirror.  I still saw myself as weighing 242 lbs.  I took a long look in the mirror the other day and noticed that you can see all my bones.....spine, ribs, hips all sticking out like a person that has been starved.  It really scared me.  I have been eating like crazy over the past week and have actually lost half a pound.  On the advice of my doctor, I have stopped my work outs and have added more carbs to my diet.  On one hand I am afraid to gain back too much weight and on the other hand I want to be healthy.  
Raindrop2006
on 2/18/10 5:46 am - ROCKWALL, TX
Sorry it took me this long to respong... lots of things happening at the same time.
I had my labs done and everything is normal.  I am healthy, just weigh 100 pounds.  My surgeon says that I'm a success story, not to complain... but I would like to gain some 10 pounds.  I feel fine, really I do, but my family make me nervous!  How are you feeling??  Have you had a blood check recently?? Have you lost any more??  I too, eat like crazy but I stay at 100.  Sometimes I dip to 98! But 100 for the most part.  But I have to work at it.  I like smoothies and fruit quite a lot so that's one happy way to oblige.... :o)

Jesus, take the wheel.... 
(before I make a mess of myself!)

Kim T.
on 4/20/10 3:10 am - Mesquite, TX
First and foremost, make sure that the weight loss is a problem for YOU not your FAMILY.  I can give you some ideas for how to gain weight, but if you are not having health problems, I would not worry about it.

There are people that complain about skinny people just like people complain about overweight people.  What makes you happy?  I ate like crazy, but stayed at the same weight also.  I weighed 119 at 5"8". 

Do you exercise?  When you have WLS, you tend to lose muscle mass.  If you are not exercising, that would be my advice before anything else.  You may just need more muscle mass. 

I am 5'8", and I now weigh 150.  (According to my surgeon, that is the higest weight I should be.)  I still have areas where my bones pop out, and I still get comments, but I have learned that this is where my body wants to be.  I had to accept it. 

I hope that I have helped.

Good Luck.

-Kim T
jimsfavoritewife
on 4/30/10 3:36 am
I am 5'2" and weigh almost 100lbs...usually i weigh 94-97...my lowest was 88, which don"t look good on anyone!! I am 43, and I had my Bypass over 2 years ago, I've been this size so long, I think I just kinda tune people out now when they tell me to gain some weight. i mean, I don't just walk up to them and say "hey, maybe you could lose a few pounds"' so, why should they get to tell me to gain? LOL, as long as your healthy its probably ok.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8486 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11027 views