Having or converting to a DS

KRWaters
on 12/23/07 2:53 pm - Manteca, CA
I have read many posts here and so many of you are toying whether to go with a lapband or a RnY. There are a couple of more options. The VSG, which is also the first part of the DS. In some cases, you can get the VSG first, lose whatever weight you can in 8 months or so, and then go ahead and have the rest of the DS. On the other hand, just go with the DS and get both parts done at once if the surgeon you pick does it that way. I will admit there is a bigger cost factor with the DS. You may have to travel further and thus stay in a motel for a week or two or longer. Some DS docs require an upfront fee of four grand or more, several only require a thousand or less.

I am in the process of going for a revision to a DS from RnY. My weight loss stalled at 8 months out and after a year of being on that stall, I started gaining. Having a revision to a DS is so much more riskier, more chance of complications (it is very scary), but I hope to get it done right this time. With that being said, I sure wish I had done the DS to begin with. It would be in your best interest to read up on every weight loss surgery before you make your decision. Then find a doctor, if possible, who either has done all of them and won't be so biased and steer you away from the DS and tell all sorts of myths and falsehoods. A doc who only does the RnY or lapband does not know half of the true facts about the DS. If you decide to still go with the RnY or the lapband, at least you know in your heart that you checked out every possibility. I wish you all well.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

ALABAMA
on 12/23/07 10:38 pm - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

VERY WELL POSTED KAREN  MARRY X-MAS GLENDA IN GA.

KRWaters
on 12/24/07 4:28 am - Manteca, CA
Well thank U Glenda. And to you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a grand new year.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8487 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9053 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11027 views