Information please people!

jaxie77
on 7/10/14 1:31 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Thank you Bette , again I was just questioning the tone of the post nothing more . I completely get that we must try and give as much detail as poss . Just felt the tone was a bit off and I felt the 'eye rolling 'feel of it ...so I voiced my opininion on that . That was all . As a new member id rather feel like my questions are valid and being answered for the first time ...no matter what way I present them , instead of like ive bothered someone . That was all I said . Thanks for your feedback .

Jax x

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/10/14 4:01 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On July 10, 2014 at 8:31 AM Pacific Time, jaxie77 wrote:

Thank you Bette , again I was just questioning the tone of the post nothing more . I completely get that we must try and give as much detail as poss . Just felt the tone was a bit off and I felt the 'eye rolling 'feel of it ...so I voiced my opininion on that . That was all . As a new member id rather feel like my questions are valid and being answered for the first time ...no matter what way I present them , instead of like ive bothered someone . That was all I said . Thanks for your feedback .

Jax x

That's funny, because I got quite an "eyeroll" feel from your initial reply. Sort of a "how DARE you tell me how to ask a question in a way that will get a helpful answer" response, when all Hislady was trying to do was be helpful.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lori W.
on 7/10/14 3:19 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14
On July 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM Pacific Time, Secret Agent Sparklekitty wrote:

Jax x

That's funny, because I got quite an "eyeroll" feel from your initial reply. Sort of a "how DARE you tell me how to ask a question in a way that will get a helpful answer" response, when all Hislady was trying to do was be helpful.

"Secret Agent Sparklekitty"
Do you have anything of substance to add?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/10/14 3:27 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Hypocrisy is entertaining. 

Making fun of people's names? Not especially so. 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lori W.
on 7/10/14 3:35 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

I wasn't making fun of your name. I didn't think it was your real name - hence parenthesis. Sorry if I offended you.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/10/14 4:02 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On July 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM Pacific Time, Lori W. wrote:

I wasn't making fun of your name. I didn't think it was your real name - hence parenthesis. Sorry if I offended you.

I believe those are called quotation marks, not parentheses.   Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.   Maybe you can check your dictionary. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

MsBatt
on 7/11/14 3:25 am
On July 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM Pacific Time, geekMOnster, Purveyor of Fine Meats wrote:
On July 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM Pacific Time, Lori W. wrote:

I believe those are called quotation marks, not parentheses.   Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.   Maybe you can check your dictionary. 

*SNORT*

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/10/14 4:03 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On July 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM Pacific Time, Lori W. wrote:
On July 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM Pacific Time, Secret Agent Sparklekitty wrote:

Jax x

"Secret Agent Sparklekitty"
Do you have anything of substance to add?

For posterity

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

MsBatt
on 7/10/14 3:47 pm

Nearly always, any 'tone' you (and I'm speaking to the general 'you', not you specifically) comes from within the mind of the READER. Unlike face-to-face communication, tone is very difficult to convey in the written word. Admittedly, it gets easier as we get to know one another, over months and years. I can assure you Hislady is the very last person to snap and get aggressive. I am certain she had the best of intentions.

Everyone was ignorant in the beginning. There's no shame in that, if you're willing to learn. I hope that most people do come here to learn, and one thing they need to learn is that the more info they give when asking a question, the more likely they are to get answers that at relevant to their particular cir****tances.

MickeyDee
on 7/12/14 10:19 am

I sure wish someone would invent a font that says "SNARK" or maybe "RUEFULLY" or how about "HAVING A BAD DAY AND TAKING IT OUT ON EVERYONE ELSE" so we don't have to try to decipher how to take a post.

Most Active