Information please people!

Lori W.
on 7/10/14 3:14 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14
On July 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:
On July 10, 2014 at 2:04 PM Pacific Time, LISER617 wrote:
On July 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

it's not you at all. It is theoster who is so sensitive one can't fart without it hurting her feelings. 

Says she passed her psych test,so I guess the correct questions weren't asked,Kwim?

well im sorry if this upsets anyone. I am usually one to just keep quiet and move on. Ive read this thread from beginning to end and I think the vets are really trying to be helpful. I dont take offense to being called a "newbie" because that is what i am. I agree that the response to this post by Jax may have been over dramatic. BUT, and this is a big BUT... comments like this one above are personal and mean. It has no other use than to hurt someones feelings.

Getting off my soapbox now.

no it isn't mean,it is honest.it is not a secret that mAny pass the psych test who have no business,mentally speaking, having Wls.if you are around more than a minute,you,might find out that of which I speak.

it appears possible that this poster has a persecution  complex.

Is this your professional opinion? I'm sorry that I haven't been around for more than a minute so you'll have to school me on your credentials?

Even if you are a licensed psychiatrist, your posts are, at the least, unethical. Personal attacks none the less.

MsBatt
on 7/10/14 4:30 pm
On July 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

it's not you at all. It is the poster  who is so sensitive one can't fart without it hurting her feelings. 

Says she passed her psych test,so I guess the correct questions weren't asked,Kwim?

It's a case of "Newbie Sensitivity", and we all had it once or twice. Do you remember JoAnn from Boston? She handed me my ass a couple of times when I tried to forum nanny.

I came to appreciate what a funny, caring lady JoAnn was. She was always willing to answer the same question over and over, and if she didn't know the answer to your trouble, she'd at least make you laugh about it.

I miss JoAnn. One day, I noticed I hadn't seen her posting lately, and turns out she never posted again. I guess she just burned out.

MsBatt
on 7/10/14 4:23 pm

Sweetie, *I* understood you perfectly. The offended parties are all still hormone dumping like mad.

k9ophile
on 7/10/14 8:18 am, edited 7/10/14 8:32 am

ETA:  My applause is for the very first post on this thread.  When I replied, I did not realize my comments would appear on a second page.

I, too, am in the group that ignores generic "Help" headlines. Since I had a DS, I usually respond to DS specific questions. General topics such as "Should I Tell About My Surgery" are universal, yet I'm pretty clear on what the poster is asking.  I am also a firm believer in response-abilty: I have the ability to decide how I respond to things.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/10/14 10:12 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Just a big thanks to all the vets that have come back to help newbies like myself. I do wish the oh board would list some helpful hints to us who post topics with the info you said to list that will help you help us. Like it could be at the beginning of the topics that list the conference etc, just a small paragraph like posting tips, could go a long way for vets and newbies alike.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Karen M.
on 7/10/14 10:35 am - Mississauga, Canada

That is a very valid idea. I'm sure it could help many new folks.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Member Services
on 7/11/14 1:47 am - Irvine, CA

Thanks for your great suggestion.    It will be helpful for everyone.  We'll have something up soon. 

MsBatt
on 7/11/14 3:34 am
On July 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM Pacific Time, Member Services wrote:

Thanks for your great suggestion.    It will be helpful for everyone.  We'll have something up soon. 

Is there some way to put a prompt on the sign-up page that tells newbies that putting their surgery type, date, and surgeon on their profile will save a lot of time and energy, for them and the vets? I usually check profiles, bu a lot of folks just don't put any info there.

greensleeved
on 7/11/14 3:51 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Sorry Amy, but your time is really condescending. I get what you are saying, but as I sit here 24 hrs post op and in pain I'm not thinking about is getting through the day. You need to be aware that intent doesn't always come through in posts the way it does in person. 

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

greensleeved
on 7/11/14 3:52 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

tone

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Most Active