What's for breakfast?

mmplumme
on 5/29/12 2:06 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
I was just wondering besides greek yogurt, cottage cheese and eggs after the sleeve what do you eat. I love eggs, but I need some variety. Trying really hard to like greek yogurt (yuck) and cottage cheese is ok (with fruit). Just wondering what I have to look forward too, lol.

Daisy_Rose
on 5/29/12 2:10 am
 I eat healthy weight oatmeal, not a full bowl, but it tastes good. Protein drink (Vanilla) mixed with coffee... kinda like a Vanilla latte... kinda...Turkey sausage.  Mix it with my egg with a little cheese like an omlette...that's usually on weekends when I have time to cook.

Krazydoglady
on 5/29/12 2:25 am - FL
I start my day with coffee with protein powder in it.  I follow that up with cottage cheese with blueberries.  I like to have 40g of protein before 9:00am.  At home ont he weekend, i'll make an omlette cook a burger or steak or something, but my week days are pretty much the same. During daylight hours, I live  on staples:

Chicken salad (homemade)
Tuna Salad (homemade)
Cottage cheese
Baby-bel light
Block swiss cheese
Chili (no bean, homemade)

I get more adventurous at night. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Sandy76
on 5/29/12 2:30 am - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
Npo surgery in few hours!!
mmplumme
on 5/29/12 11:33 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Sandy76 hope you have a speedy recovery!!!! Keep me posted!!!

Sandy76
on 5/29/12 4:46 pm - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
 12 hours since surgery had rough time for about 6 hrs after surgery with nausea and vomiting only couple times. I can't believe how good I feel. Only took 2 does of Iv pain med since surgery. I can't sleep at this moment I have fought insomnia for few years but I see that's prob going to get better thanks so much
Sandy

mmplumme
on 5/29/12 10:20 pm - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Well, sorry to hear about the nausea, but so glad you are not feeling much pain!!!!! I hope mine goes that well, but they have to remove my lap band first. Not holding my breath but sure keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Take care!!!!

julesGA
on 5/29/12 2:31 am, edited 5/29/12 3:40 am - Brunswick, GA
 Don't feel like you have to stick to breakfast food.  I eat all kinds of crazy stuff for breakfast. Today is was leftover BBQ chicken.   

For the greek yogurt, adding flavored SF syrups, pudding mix, crystal light powder, etc. helps.  I like to stir in a few strawberries or blueberries with vanilla SF syrup.  :)

Shagdoll
on 5/29/12 3:03 am
I tend to eat eggs, greek plain yogurt or drink protein shakes for breakfast but a few times I've microwaved turkey pepperoni slices to make them crispy ... a healthier alternative to bacon but stil a little crunchy, luv it!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

emelar
on 5/29/12 3:12 am - TX
I don't stick to breakfast foods either.  Usually have coffee/latte and then whatever strikes my fancy.  This morning was a hamburger with ketchup and relish (no bun).  Yesterday was chicken salad.  Day before was eggs and bacon.

Greek yogurt - you have to work at getting it to your taste, but it's worth the effort.  I put 3 packets of stevia in it then add some frozen berries.  Bananas work really well with it, too.  Lots of folks use the SF Torani syrups, or mix in SF jello or pudding mix into it.  Whatever works!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views