What's for breakfast?

Snowberry
on 5/29/12 3:16 am
VSG on 04/10/12
I do a protein shake every morning for breakfast.  They are easy, portable (I take them to work with me) and they ensure that I start my day with a good start on getting in all my protein.

LazyLady21
on 6/3/12 8:42 am - TX
 I'm not much of a breakfast person. I start my day with a protein shake too. I add  benefiber to the smoothie, to help me feel fuller longer.  

Eggs are served every morning in the house. I like to mix up how I cook them. Over easy, scrabbled, omellete.
    For me:  My favorite is to sautee onions, mushrooms, and spinach--season with Ms. Dash (Onion and Herbs), and scrabble it with eggs. 

For my husband: It's two slices of turkey bacon cooked till crispy, broken to pieces. One stick of mozerella cheese-diced, wrapped in an omellete. Season with Nu Salt and Black pepper.

For my daugter: It's one pack of Starkist Salmon, scrambled with two eggs. 

It's about variety.

Oatmeal with fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries, bananas, apples), is the alternative. Topped with 2 tbsp of honey. We get the fruit from the farmers market--has better flavor.
Mom78
on 5/29/12 3:20 am
VSG on 02/10/12
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

I make egg bites, today they had ham and onion in them

They are crustless quiches.  I make them in advance, freeze them and take out how many I need for the day.

Here's a link to a fabulous website for food ideas!

SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

ametzger
on 5/29/12 3:36 am - MI
VSG on 04/23/12
I loooooove EggFace's ham and cheese breakfast bites.  Ridiculously good and only 31 calories each with 4 grams protein!  I usually eat 3-4 for breakfast and that holds me till lunch!  You definatley have to check out her website :)

mmplumme
on 5/29/12 11:32 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Thanks everyone for all these awesome ideas!!!! I feel a little better now about tackling breakfast after surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views