What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 11/23/15 7:37 am
RNY on 08/04/15

This is the Cheesecake, I plan to substitute pumpkin for some of the sour cream. 

Here is the Crust. I'm using splenda brown sugar in it and leaving the pecans a little chunky. 

If you make it too, please let me know how it turns out. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Juliek7312
on 11/23/15 7:43 am

I'm not a fan of sour cream, think I can do yogurt instead?

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

Deanna798
on 11/23/15 7:50 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I don't see why not,  I think the sour cream is to help loosen it and add some creaminess.  Yogurt would do the same thing and add more protein. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

K N.
on 11/23/15 11:06 am

Where do you live? My husband is ployed as well. My surgeons meetings are at night also, tough with little ones. Maybe we are close by and could buddy up? I am hoping to have my surgery by the end of the year. 

K N.
on 11/23/15 11:07 am

*deployed

AngryViking
on 11/23/15 7:40 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Ack, look at your car!  LOL  And your party spread looks awesome!

Speaking of stuffing, that might be why I'm so mad we're not staying home; no stuffing.  My BIL is gluten sensitive or whatever, so he doesn't make it.  I LOVE stuffing, and my stuffing in particular.  LOL  Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Riverhen
on 11/23/15 7:50 am

FYI...Trader Joes has gluten free stuffing.

Deanna798
on 11/23/15 7:52 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I always add sage sausage to my stuffing. Maybe I'll just ea5 mostly the sausage, lol. 

stacyrg
on 11/23/15 8:45 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning!  I can't imagine snow. It was 86 degrees yesterday. I would actually like the heat to end!  I learned a valuable lesson this weekend, I will not be baking this holiday season. I thought I could handle it but I can't. We're having a potluck today at lunch and I made brownies. I can't be trusted when a bakeL, couldn't resist sampling the batter, and the frosting and the final product. Ugh!

menu today is up in the air.

I have to have an upper GI this morning and sometimes the barium doesn't agree with me. Here's the plan:

B: barium ****tail

L: Greek chicken salad

D: brisket and asparagus

S: light and fit and SF latte

No totals since I'm sitting at the imaging center and it's too difficult to go between this page and MFP

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

mschwab
on 11/23/15 10:41 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning everyone.  No snow here, but it is sunny and cold.  I am only working two days this week.  Yay!  I will be going to my brother's home for Thanksgiving.  He lives in Salem, which is about 40 miles south of Portland.  I have a huge family, and his house is set up to be able to accommodate long tables so we can all eat together.  I'm bringing the veggies, so I will be roasting carrots and brussels sprouts.  I am very lucky that my family get togethers are a drama free zone.  We all get along well and none of us are apt to start trouble.  I do have one SIL who has some interesting ideas (e.g., the government should not pay for anyone to attend school past the 6th grade, because you learn everything you need by then).  Mostly we just smile and move on when that kind of stuff comes up.  If someone responds, it is generally pretty respectful.

On Friday it is the University of Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers Civil War game, so I will be celebrating the inevitable win of the Ducks with friends.   On Saturday, I am making a quick, overnight trip to Seattle to attend a friend's 95th birthday party.  So, busy next few days, but it should all be fun.

Time Since Surgery:  1 year

B:  Egg Beaters omelette with FF mozzarella and bacon

S:  Light and Fit Greek - Caramel Apple Pie

L:  Chicken, tomato and white bean soup

S:  Lite Cheese Stick

D:  Lobster Tail and 1/2 oz. whole wheat pasta

S:  Protein hot chocolate

Totals:  Calories 660, Carbs 36, Fat 22, Protein 81, Sugar 10

Have an awesome day!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 88 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 308 views