What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 11/23/15 6:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Free pastry?? My daughter will love that!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 11/23/15 7:03 am

It has to be a "Holiday" pastry.  I was thinking of getting the mini Snowman donut since it only has 170 calories.  My fav, the Snowman SHortbread cookie has 400!!!  

Emiepie
on 11/23/15 7:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I mean I "might" have a gold membership :) One of my faves was the pumpkin scone but yes, the snowman donut is pretty cute too. Oh but yes, the shortbread yumminess!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 11/23/15 7:17 am

"MIGHT" 

G2GAWAY
on 11/23/15 11:35 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I'm with you on the Thanksgiving and Christmas thing.  My (adult-22 year old) kids aren't happy that I have gone grinch too. I am not a fan of Thanksgiving dinner in general and would rather be out riding my quad in the desert and camping.  I keep trying to encourage the family to take a trip at Christmastime, but can't win that battle.  I will be out of town a lot between now and Christmas and have one daughter graduating on 12/12 so I don't even want to decorate for the holidays.  

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Juliek7312
on 11/23/15 6:52 am

Good morning :) My daughter only has school 2 days this week, so I guess im gonna be doing a lot of at home workouts this week. Its just going to be and her for Thanksgiving. Not going to bother cooking a turkey or anything. http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/niks-thanksgiving-in-a-b ite-recipe is what we'll be having. I am going to be traveling after Thanksgiving. Im going to be gone for 22 days. I'm kind of concerned about my exercise and diet for that time, but I'm going to do my best to stick to it. Does anyone know if I can bring my protein packets on my checked in luggage?

Time since surgery:  almost 7 months

B: protein coffee + 2 eggface's crustless quiche bites

S: 1/2 pure protein bar + cucumber salad

L: protein shake

D: eggface's chorizo crustless quiche

TOTALS:  Cals:  565  Protein: 75 Carbs: 23  Fat:  19

Eggface is the best!

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

mamata2
on 11/23/15 7:05 am

I flew last Feb. (I don't fly often) and had no problem with protein powder in my checked luggage.  I had individual factory sealed packets in my carry-on and had no problems with those either.  Have fun!  

Juliek7312
on 11/23/15 7:24 am

thanks so much ^^

Deanna798
on 11/23/15 7:03 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning AV and the rest of you awesome RNYers! Snow, snow? Look what happened here on Saturday. sorry for the sideways pic, I tried to fix it but don't have the patience:

The airport 15 miles east of us got 6 inches, I think we got about 8 or 9 out west where I am. It made the birthday party very tricky. Good news is, everyone came except for my sister in law who gave birth a week before. I am definitely not holding it against her. I was just okay with my food this weekend. I made homemade sloppy joes, which aren't too bad with the stats, but that wasn't the problem. I also made tuna pasta salad, which is one of my all time favorite things. I did have some on saturday, and a few more bites of it on Sunday. I also had about half of a sugar cookie, and some potato chips. So this morning, I packed up a big container of pasta salad and the rest of the cookies and brought them to work. I still have some cupcakes, but they are not tempting to me, so I'll just leave them for my boys until tomorrow and either toss them or bring them into work. Good thing is that even with this indulgence, I still lost a pound over the weekend.

This week for me is busy. The only day I have off is Thursday. Both of my co-workers take Friday off and I don't usually go shopping that day, so I'm here. It's a mellow screw around day most of the time, and I will do some internet shopping from work. My mother in law does Thanksgiving on Thursday, and since it's a nightmare to try to split the holidays, I host a dinner for my side of the family on Saturday. That means 2 full thanksgiving dinners this week. I'm cooking for Saturday, so I'll do a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and I'm also making a sugar free pumpkin cheesecake with a pecan crust. I hope it turns out okay. I bought splenda brown sugar for the crust. it does have brown sugar in it, but I'm hoping that the reduced sugar will make it better for me. I'm going to be honest with you all. I'm very afraid of the stuffing this year. I LOVE stuffing, and it is a trigger food. Thanksgiving has always been a day for me to gorge myself. I now have a small pouch, so I can't fit much in, so that will help, but man this is going to be a tough holiday.

I went shopping this weekend and got some nice work duds, and a Spanx body shaper to smooth out all of my jiggly rolls. I was trying on clothes yesterday, and there were some things about my body that I never noticed before. Like really saggy armpits. LOL, and it's just weird how everything squishes out of places I didn't think was even possible. Oh well, I still look damn good, even with the sagginess.

Thanks you guys for listening and supporting. I don't think I would be even remotely as successful on this journey if you guys weren't here. I don't have a RL support group, but I consider you guys my support, and that is something I'm definitely grateful for.

Here's my plan for the day, back on track. High protein and low carb.

B: Light and Fit Cherry (so yummy) and a boiled egg. Coffee with cream and splenda

L: romain salad with cukes and shrimp with Skinny Girl Poppyseed dressing

D: Homemade Sloppy Joe with 1/2 a low carb tortilla (never eat it all) and steamed cauliflower

S: Turkey Jerky, 2 small crackers and a laughing cow

Totals:

Cal 662 Protein 35 Carbs 55 (still too high) Fat 17

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Juliek7312
on 11/23/15 7:29 am

"I'm also making a sugar free pumpkin cheesecake with a pecan crust" im gonna need this recipe it sounds delicious.

" I don't have a RL support group, but I consider you guys my support" I also don't have a RL support group. I live 17 hrs away from any family, and my husband is deployed. My surgeon has a support group meeting every 2 monday of the month, but its at night- no one to watch the kid while I go. Finding this website has helped so much.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 88 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 307 views