What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

peachpie
on 11/23/15 6:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Three day work week-- ME, ME, ME!!! I'm not going anywhere for Thanksgiving-- that'a my self preservation strategy for the holiday. Being around family I would be [more] tempted to eat crap. Staying home means I control what I cook and [hopefully] what I eat. My lack of control around family was proven yesterday- I went to my nieces birthday party. Had a cupcake, cookie and then split another cupcake with my sister. I was planning on one cupcake-- the other stuff was impulsive since I saw my sister/niece/cousin indulging lots (they are also WLS peeps.) Though they tasted yummy, digestion was not fun-- they were all very rich and fatty foods/oils don't agree with me. 

I have the 5k to run Thanksgiving morning. Race starts at 9am and an email said awards wold start at 9:30AM. I'm a bit discouraged-- I know I won't be getting an award... but geez--I'm now I'm wondering if I'll be the last/only  one left running. I'm estimating it'll take me about 40-45 minutes to finish. Ugg!! I'll cook and head out to shop later in the evening and all day Friday :-) 

M1: Sriracha Chicken breast/ham & cheese stick, Yogurt & granola

M2: BBQ Chicken wings/salad

M3: Split chicken breast are in the fridge-- not sure how I'll make them or what I'll make them with

No meal 4 today (technically I combined meal 1&2 into just meal 1)

I'm so happy my shows are on a winter break till February-- I can get more gym time in during the week now :-)

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

mamata2
on 11/23/15 6:17 am

Do not worry about being last!  At 40-45 min you should be fine.  There will be lots of people who walk it in 50-60min.  Always remeber that a DFL (Dead Frickin' Last) is better than a DNS (Did Not Start) and think how many refuse to get up off their butts!  Enjoy!

mschwab
on 11/23/15 10:21 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I am all kinds of impressed and in awe that you will be doing a 5K on Thanksgiving morning.  Doesn't matter when you finish.  Only that you show up!  

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Emiepie
on 11/23/15 6:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Monday! I am on vacation this week (well I have to go for a few hours on Friday)!! We are having our Thanksgiving grub on Saturday since that is the best time to get the fam together. We are supposed to be a warm 72 today and then getting some rain tomorrow and Wednesday (just in time to get some baking done).

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach and cheese, fruit (apple slices and dried figs)

L: Deli turkey, Swiss cheese and spinach on 1/2 a flat out, a few baby carrots and L&F caramel apple pie yogurt

S:SF latte, pumpkin pie quest bar

D: Cream cheese "crust" pizza, and some arctic zero

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1168 Protein:102 Carbs:122 Fat:37

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 11/23/15 6:34 am

I seriously envy your weather.  Know of any HR jobs in your area? 

Emiepie
on 11/23/15 6:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love reading your blog by the way!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

robinreinhardt
on 11/24/15 2:56 pm

Emie,

Enjoy your time off.

Robin

Emiepie
on 11/24/15 3:20 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks!

melissasue1982
on 11/23/15 6:30 am
RNY on 04/06/15

We go to Hubby's cousin house for Thanksgiving every year, they live about 5 minutes away!  So no long trips for us, and we always have a great time!

I also have a 3 day week!! WAAHOOOO

7 Months 3 weeks since sugery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax milk chocolate

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

L: Creamy chicken bake

S: 2 Baybel light

D: 1.5ox 95% lean ground beef, 1c romaine, 1oz RF mozz cheese, 1 tbsp thousand Island Dressing

Totals: Cals 732  Protein: 95  Carbs: 23  Fat: 30

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

mamata2
on 11/23/15 6:31 am

Thanksgiving, not my favorite holiday, too much food and family.  I am also not a fan of Christmas.  I guess I'm just a Grinch..

We go to my in-laws in Northern Wisconsin.  These are the family members *****sent me for having WLS.  All of them are morbidly obese but choose not to do anything about it but *****  Not one of them has ever congratulated me or commented on my weight loss.  I am truly an elephant in the room (albeit a small one now  )  I will eat Turkey and snuggle with my kiddos most of the day.  Not so bad in the grand scheme of things.  

I also work on Friday.  I would rather not take the vacation day for an uber slow day.  I can get some organizing and filing done without being interrupted.  I DO NOT have to teach swim lessons this weekend.  WHOO HOO!  Finally a real weekend off!  I love teaching but it means I work 7 days a week.  I will not be doing that next session.  I am so happy to have the weekend to relax.

Time since surgery: 16+ months

B: Coffee with cream and Coffee with Fit Frappe Chai Latte

S: Coffee with Fit Frappe

L: Leftover Ham

S: Starbucks SF Latte and Holiday pastry (free for Gold Star Members today!)

D: Spicy Black Bean burger, slice of velveeta, low carb tortilla

W/V: Started

E: Run over lunch (treadmill - we will see how long I can survive)

Totals: Calories 866, Protein 74, Carbs 93, Fat 37

W/V: Started

E: Run over lunch (treadmill - we will see how long I can survive)

Totals: Calories 866, Protein 74, Carbs 93, Fat 37

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 86 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 306 views