cleveland clinic

simplyroxanne
on 5/17/12 11:42 am - canton, OH
looking for people who have had gastic bypass surgery done in the last year at the cleveland clinic.
susanrdal
on 5/25/12 10:28 am - mayfield heights, OH
I have my RNY at the Clinic with Dr. Schauer, but it was 3 years ago.  I do know 2 people that had it within the past 6 months there, but they are not on this website.  Let me know what information you are looking for and I can relay their information to you.
Susan

simplyroxanne
on 6/2/12 3:17 pm - canton, OH
I'm wondering how long it took from the time they first decide to go with the Cleveland Clinic for their surgery until they had surgery. I know everyone is different depending on there insurance. My insurance doesn't require any kind dieting or history. All they requires is that your morbidly obese,or have the comorbidity also. I just got in the mail today my pathway card. Which was red showing what test i need and what evaluations i need to have. I'm wondering how long i should except all this to take. They have nutrition and psychology marked as needed but i'm confused about the duration. They have 3,6,12, n/a above it but nothing is marked. To tell me how long i have to do these things for. So i'm also wondering if they know. They don't have my appointments set up yet. Told it would be another week. I'm really just looking for alittle bit of information. Anything you could tell me i would be greatful for.

Thanks
Roxanne
Shaggybrown
on 6/9/12 12:53 am - Avon Lake, OH
 I'm in the same position as you. I got my red card early this week and waiting for my appointments.  I called to let them know I would be away on business travel the last week of June and the lady I spoke with said the appoints mets would be in July. 

Have you learned anything since this post?

This week they have one of their seminars on Avon. I want to take my wife there because she is pretty scared about this. Also there is a support group meeting at main campus on Thursday I will try to go through. 
simplyroxanne
on 6/9/12 3:32 am - canton, OH

I got my appoinments in the mail on tuesday. Have 4 on june 20th. and than a month later on july 18 i have 3 more. Than my last appointment is set for aug 22. I called to see if i could get the aug one move to a earlier date. But they said that they have nothing availiable until sept so i'm keeping my august.

happymomma307
on 6/28/12 1:46 am - OH
I just had mine done on May 31 with Dr Schauer. I Started the process last July but my insurance had a 9 month dr monitored diet required, most have something similar but all are different lengths. Once I met met that in march it took about 2 weeks for them to submit and about 2 weeks to hear back from insurance then you have to schedule at least 2 weeks out so you have time to do the 2 week liquid diet before the surgery. During the 9 months before I had to undergo psych evals and meet with the dietician also. They need to make sure you are prepared for the lifestyle change. I was bummed at first about the wait but now I'm glad because they gave me the tools I needed to be successful! Good luck!

Shaggybrown
on 7/13/12 5:54 pm - Avon Lake, OH
 What did you think of Dr. Schaur?  I picked him and will have my consult with him Aug 8.   He's supposed to be one of the best in the country. 
happymomma307
on 7/14/12 12:29 am - OH
He is so amazing. I was terrified and he put my mind at ease. I would suggest him to anyone considering wls! I will actually be at Cleveland Clinic on the 8th for a 3 month post op support group. You made an excellent choice in surgeons!

OH2012
on 8/17/12 7:29 pm - OH
I have chosen the CCF for my procedure too and was very impressed with Dr. Shauer's reputation. I was assigned to him. My appointments are scheduled for October, with follow-up appointments for November and December.

I'd love to hear how each of you are doing.

Best Wishes!!
simplyroxanne
on 9/4/12 3:25 pm - canton, OH

I just had my surgery with Dr Rogula on August 24. My surgery was done with one single cut right above my belly button. The cut is only about an inch. Its called a single port. Only Dr Rogula does it CCF. I barely had any pain from it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1123 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1502 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2383 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2286 views