Really Struggling

momofsix
on 7/31/11 7:04 am - Pinckney, MI

Been a while since I Have posted, but I read as much as I can (with what little posts there are to read anymore).

Anyway, I just had to say that I am really really struggling.... A couple of years ago I started smoking after having quit for 9 years.  Well, I quit again on February 27th of this year.  I had gotten down to my goal weight and even one pound below.... I was 167!!!!!  Since quitting I am now back up to 194!!!!  I am so disgusted with myself for letting this creep on.  I don't really see much change in my eating habits either and keep healthy foods around, like fresh veggies for when I do get those rare occasions of wanting to much.

I just can't let that scale get back up over 200!!!!!  Any advise or encouragement.  I mean I know it is better for me to have quit the smoking and put on a "little" weight, but I don't want to see that scale keep climbing.....

Well, thanks for listening.....

HUGS to ALL,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

LoriLH
on 8/2/11 5:31 am - MI
Hi!  
Just wanted to give you some encouragement, that you can lose the extra weight.  Go back to basics.  You are not in this alone, Many of use struggle on a daily basis, I know I do.  I put 15# back on after knee surgery end of April and still have yet to get it all off. 

When I follow the basics, eat healthy foods, healthy portions, exercise, move, protein etc... The weight does come off.  For me keeping up the "motivation" on a daily basis seems to be my excuse/reason that I need to overcome. to get the rest of the weight off.

There is a great blog "Journey to a Healthier Me" it is FULL of great info.  I highly recommend it.  And if you can, get to a support group meeting.

Best wishes to you!

Lori

momofsix
on 8/2/11 6:23 am - Pinckney, MI

I know all too well that it is  possible.... I gained like 50 pounds back a couple years ago, then I managed to take it off, plus 20 pounds... I KNOW it can be done, but ACTUALLY DOING IT!!!!  That is another story.... I have to get myself focused and do better... I hate to say it, but maybe I should start smoking again.... LOL.... NOT!!!!!

Anyway. Thanks so much for the encouragement, I really need it right now....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Debbiejean
on 8/2/11 6:30 am - Shelbyville, MI
Hugs to you and yes you can get that weight off.
Baby steps...this is a learning process and remember it's not a race. Set small goals for yourself and don't forget to reward yourself when you reach your mini goals.
I say kudo's for you for catching yourself on your regain. This is for life and yes it's harder to take the weight off but you can do it. Remember you are a success no matter what the scale says.
So eat less and move more. Simple right? Nope. It's taking the bad habits out of the picture once again. Congrats on not smoking and now find an exercise you love to do. Make it fun!
Do you like to dance, roller skate, swim? Zumba? Yoga?
Find a workout buddy and walk. Ugh...it's so hot and humid now so that wouldn't be much fun unless you do it first thing in the AM.

Start to journal what your eating, keep tabs on your emotions. I'm cheering you on!! Debbiejean
momofsix
on 8/2/11 6:36 am - Pinckney, MI

I have heard so much about Zumba, but just don't have the money to join a class.... I did see the other day at GameStop a Zumba game though... Maybe I should get it on my next paycheck and try it out.  I would have 7 days to try it before I could return it..... Hmmmmm... That is a thought... It is just so hard to get my moving and groving in when the kiddos are home all day.... I think once school starts I will be able to get myself moving more on the Wii Fit and my treadmill.....  Just have not been moving much..... and with quitting smoking I am munching more... even though they aren't candy and junk, they are still calories.....  Let's hope next month I can start posting that the weight is coming back off.....

Thanks for your support... I really do appreciate it....

HUGS, 

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Debbiejean
on 8/2/11 10:11 pm - Shelbyville, MI
You know you are worth the time and effort to find that time to exercise.
How about moving and grooving with the kids right now today. Don't wait for school to start.
Do the Wii Fit with your kids, challenge them for a jog around the block and winner gets a non food prize! You might even be surprised that the other kids in the neighbor hood join your gang!
You will be the coolest mom in the neighborhood!

You will get those pounds off. You are normal and isn't that grand! Just hang in there and find something fun to do along with your kids. Make memories.
I remember a mom in the neighborhood where I was growing up. She was always on a diet fighting her weight. She would jog or wog around the block and she was like the Pied Piper when her mojo was up and she was moving! I adored her and how she made exercise fun with all us kids. Hugs Debbiejean
momofsix
on 8/3/11 9:10 am - Pinckney, MI

I KNOW I am worth it, and I WILL get back on track.... I just need to get past the not smoking thing and put down the late night munchies!!!!! Also I need to get myself moving again.... I have been quilting and my quilt table has taken the place of my treadmill... I only have so much room in my house and can't fit them both... I am really trying to get this quilt done so I can get my treadmill back in the house and out of the garage... LOL.... 

I will keep all posted on how things are going.....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Debbiejean
on 8/3/11 9:45 pm - Shelbyville, MI
You have the right attitude momofsix!!
The farther out we get the harder it is to lose the weight, especially regain. Some view it as just dieting again and others say lifestyle change. Some say life just happens and accept the weight they are at.

Not me, I'm struggling too and have to fight getting my regain off. I will never give up.
I just have to eat less and move more.
I have adhesion's and dealing with that has proved a challenge for me. I did make it to the pool for deep water workout and it felt so good, I feel it in my arms and legs today.
I'll get my regain off in time and like you I get the late night munchies.
I think there is a lot of people out there that have late night munchies! We are not alone.

Have fun making your quilt.
Keep posting and hang in there.
Stay proud of you for not smoking! Hugs Debbiejean
momofsix
on 8/4/11 5:50 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks!  I have already starting seeing some of it come off.... Just a few nights without running to the fridge or the cupboard for a snack and it is dropping right off.... It just amazes me what little changes can do.....

Thanks again for the support....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Debbiejean
on 8/4/11 5:58 am - Shelbyville, MI
Whhooooooooooooo! Way to go momofsix and I'm so proud of you!!
When we get our mojo moving and a grooving the weight comes off. We just have to work at it.
Keep posting, keep working out and at night like you I gotta stay away from the fridge.
Yepper we can get this weight off! Hugs Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics