Looking for Best Surgeons in Mexico??

KateinAK
on 1/21/17 8:25 pm - Soldotna, AK
Mini Gastric Bypass on 04/26/17

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to the forums. I will be self-pay and plan to travel from Alaska to Mexico (Tijuana) to have my surgery.

I'm considering...

Dr Ramos Kelly,

Dr Ariel Ortiz (Obesity Control Center)

Dr. Illan (Oasis Of Hope Hospital - BariatricPal Team MX).

Any positive or negative info is greatly appreciated!

I'm 33 years old, 408 lbs, 5'7 with a BMI >60. I have high blood pressure, prediabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, sleep apnea, and anxiety/depression. My father had gastric bypass when I was in high school & several of my family members have had surgery. I have tried every diet, exercise, medication...you name it with little to no success. I'm ready to live a happier and healthier life. I know WLS is only a tool and I'm ready to start living the life I want at age 33.

I've recently started researching my WLS options. My BCBS insurance is an individual plan, thru the marketplace and the policy doesn't cover any weightloss options or surgeries.

Kathy S.
on 1/23/17 9:06 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You have mail   

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

thebenski
on 2/1/17 1:03 pm

I am also looking into Gastric Sleeve in Mexico. I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

mommy2eee
on 2/14/17 9:24 am - Burlington, Canada

Hi. I was just sleeved in Mexico 3 weeks ago. 

I went with Dr Q at Pompeii Surgical. Amazing eexperience!  They also have an in house financing program!  

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/17 2:41 pm
VSG on 02/15/17

Dr Rodolfo Wilhelmy of Mexicali Bariatrics, excellent!!! You pay a little more but you are in an good hospital for 3 nights and the nurses and care coordinators were always available. Dr Cambos is part of this group and he was awesome too, he even stopped by in the late evening to check in his patients!! I have had 2 other friends have procedures there and they have other friends *****ferred them. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/17 5:36 pm
VSG on 02/15/17

Dr Rodolfo Wilhelmy of Mexicali Bariatrics, excellent!!! You pay a little more but you are in an good hospital for 3 nights and the nurses and care coordinators were always available. Dr Cambos is part of this group and he was awesome too, he even stopped by in the late evening to check in his patients!! I have had 2 other friends have procedures there and they have other friends *****ferred them. 

MichiganTexan
on 2/28/17 2:01 pm
VSG on 10/05/16

Dr Kelly did my sleeve back in October.  I had no issues with my experience.  I did the surgery at the clinic stayed there 2 days after surgery.  The staff were wonderful, I had relatively no pain and no issues.    

rodrigovives
on 4/4/17 2:44 pm
I had my surgery at Florence Direct Care for $3800 dls and it was a great experience to deal with the Hospital and Doctors and not a medical tourism provider, reserved my surgery fast for $250'deposit and they treated me like royalty, I have lost over 100lbs and loving life !!
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/17 7:44 pm
VSG on 04/10/17

Dr. Elias Ortiz with A Lighter Me in Tijuana, Mexico

Link: http://www.alighterme.com/index.html?gclid=CLbAs7WBstMCFQi4w AodsVMArg

I cannot recommend him and his staff and the whole A Lighter Me operation enough! My dad had vsg 3 years ago done by Dr. Ortiz and I had vsg 1 week ago by Dr. Ortiz. Highly recommend! A fellow sleever who was in mexico same time as I was was from Alaska as well. She came without a companion because airfare was so expensive but they took such good care of her! I can answer any questions you may have.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 324 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 505 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1101 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1678 views