I want it reversed!

fatfifty
on 12/17/15 2:26 am
RNY on 12/10/12

Life since my surgery is killing me slowly and I want it reversed. I am three years out and my arthritis is so bad I can barely move most days.  I am going through a battery of tests right now and I see a rheumatologist in February.  The inability to take NSAIDS is my biggest problem and I live in extreme pain every day because of it. I have long since gained my weight back after an injury in water aerobics, and two years of misdiagnosed reasons for the pain.  I sat around on narcotics and Lyrica and ate my way into a depression.  Some form of arthritis, type yet to be determined, is killing me slowly. 

Is anyone still on this forum that has had a full Roux-en-y reversed.  If so please talk to me.

Marietta

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/30/15 10:05 am

before you talk about reversal, that =may or may not really fix anything - find a good gastro doc - someone who is familiar with SIBO = Small intestine bacterial overgrowth. Sibo can cause pain like fibromyalgia and overall depression... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/30/15 10:06 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Franky
on 1/3/16 9:16 am

Dear Marietta,  I feel for you.  I am on Day 81 Post Op.  In all of the support groups, talks with dieticians, and meeting with the surgeon nobody talks about the nausea, vomiting, dry heaves, or liquid diarrhea.  Not one word was spoken.  My life has deteriorated to that of someone who is elderly and dying, and I am a 52 yo man.  I feel horrible all the time.  Not just part of the time.   If anyone ever asks me about it, I always tell them to diet the old fashioned way.  This life is hell.  I blame myself 100%.  I also blame the doctors who bullied me into this surgery.

When I started dieting, I weighed 412 pounds.  I lost and kept off 100 pounds on my own.  Then I had the surgery.  I am now 270 pounds.  It is not worth it.  No way no how.

I exercise at The Y.  I too walk laps in the pool, and swim.  I will not do the water aerobics because I am terrified of getting injured trying to keep up.

I regret having the surgery.  I regret it 1,000%.

Take care.

Best regards,

Franky

Roux-en-y
on 10/24/16 6:34 am

Looking for a doctor to perform a ruin y gastric bypass reversal. It has been a living nightmare. Many complications. Any suggestions?

Roux-en-y
on 11/1/16 7:02 pm

Have yoy found a doctor to reverse your surgery?

Text me 913 259 9320

DOLPHINS06
on 5/19/17 1:23 am

Did you or anyone find a doctor who would reverse or as some call it takedown Roux-en-y ...i really need a doctor..i have been so sick lost more weight then the surgery (surgery 2001) acid, ulcers etc 2010 and lost over a 100 pounds, food getting stuck, throwing up alot etc

setchcampos
on 5/19/17 7:19 am

Dr. Christopher Eagon out of Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO. They can help.

ericachristine
on 3/4/24 9:25 pm
RNY on 12/04/23

I live in the area and have also been given his name several times. Will be contacting him soon about this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 889 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8484 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9047 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11021 views