I'm Alive! Surgery went well!

SuMari
on 12/28/20 10:40 am

Hi All!

I have been home since Tuesday night and happy to say I am resting comfortably with some bouts of pain here and there. It's hard to cough/sneeze but I am doing my best to get my fluids in and intake of protein.

Broth has been my best friend but it's hard to consume anything since I have no interest in eating at all. I've read that this is normal? Going from wanting to eat all the time throughout my entire life and now not wanting to eat at all is the weirdest feeling ever!

I've lost about 10 pounds this week which is nice because I usually gain weight over the holidays. Is it bad that I just want to sleep sleep sleep right now? I am trying to walk as much as I can, but I just get so tired!

Any tips?

Partlypollyanna
on 12/28/20 10:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Rest when you need to and when you are awake - stay focused on hydration and walking. Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip, it's a mantra, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

SuMari
on 1/14/21 10:35 am

Thank you so much. I appreciate the motivation. I started journaling but I am finding I get more feedback here... haha

When I walk, i feel like my Fitbit isn't registering my strides and it's annoying

hollykim
on 12/28/20 11:08 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 28, 2020 at 6:40 PM Pacific Time, SuMari wrote:

Hi All!

I have been home since Tuesday night and happy to say I am resting comfortably with some bouts of pain here and there. It's hard to cough/sneeze but I am doing my best to get my fluids in and intake of protein.

Broth has been my best friend but it's hard to consume anything since I have no interest in eating at all. I've read that this is normal? Going from wanting to eat all the time throughout my entire life and now not wanting to eat at all is the weirdest feeling ever!

I've lost about 10 pounds this week which is nice because I usually gain weight over the holidays. Is it bad that I just want to sleep sleep sleep right now? I am trying to walk as much as I can, but I just get so tired!

Any tips?

yes it's normal to not be hungry. Now you just say by the clock whether you are hungry or not. You big goal now is to not get dehydrated so drink all you can, when awake, and sleep is your friend right now. Rest,sip, walk , repeat.

SuMari
on 1/14/21 10:34 am

Thank you. I am setting my goal to drink every 15 minutes to get things down and hit my goals. Trying different things to get restful sleep

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/28/20 11:13 am, edited 12/29/20 2:00 am

Hydration is critical right now. if you get dehydrated, not only you may deal with nausea, but also headaches, constipation (yes, we still need a BM), and you may deal with electrolytes imbalances.

Going to ER because you are dehydrated, knowing the covid is there all the time, is something that I would rather avoid. And yes, severe dehydration may require IV or 2 to balance your liquids and electrolytes. Going to the ER in normal times is not fun, but during Covid? ugh...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SuMari
on 1/14/21 10:32 am

Yeah, I set a timer for every 15 min (it's annoying, but I know it helps) for me to sip my protein shake, bone broth and water. doing my best to keep up the protein goals and hydration goals. I was already stressed in the hospital with Covid all around, no plans to go back.

Tidgel
on 12/28/20 6:03 pm
RNY on 04/15/19

Happy to hear your surgery went well. It's quite natural to be tired after having surgery. I know I was after my weight loss surgery and with other surgeries too. Just take it easy and get some rest and be sure to get in your fluids in!

SuMari
on 1/14/21 10:31 am

Thank you! I am sleeping when I can, but it's little cat naps which is nice but sometimes I just want to sleep more. Trying to find ways/figure out how to incorporate work into my day (When I have to go back to work) lol

Janet P.
on 12/29/20 3:26 am

Congrats on your surgery. You just had MAJOR surgery so you need to recover. Sleep when you're tired (don't fight it). Sip sip sip. Definitely move about. This is perfectly normal - your body needs to heal.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Most Active