Constant Nausea

Mandy185
on 5/24/14 6:59 am

I'm 3 weeks post-op and dealing with constant nausea.  I don't actually vomit, but while I'm awake I feel like I could at any point.  My doctor gave me phenagran for it, but it makes me sleep--which means less awake time to try to get fluids and protein in.  I'd say currently I get in maybe 20 ounces of water daily and maybe 20 grams of protein from shakes. It's so frustrating! Is this common for everyone?

poet_kelly
on 5/24/14 8:38 am - OH

Then your nausea is most likely caused by dehydration at this point.  20 ounces of liquid is not nearly enough.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kellma699
on 5/24/14 3:19 pm
VSG on 02/04/14

I agree. The nausea is the culprit. Also doesn't the phenagren further dehydrate you?

HW 257, SW 190.2, CW 148.8, GW 125

Valerie G.
on 5/26/14 11:04 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Youve got to get 64oz of fuids daily no matter what.  It's hard and not pleasant, but you're suffering with what happens when you don't.  The next step will be kidney stones.  You may want to get an IV of fluids.  You'd be amazed at how much better you'll feel after that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active