LAPBAND TO VSG REVISION

nemesis02
on 10/28/12 11:14 am

I just have a quick question I will be sleeved on Nov 26th and was curious of what my expectations for weight lost could be.  I understand that because I am having a revision the weight loss will be slower but Im trying to get an idea from some of you that have  been revised from the band to vsg what kind of success in regards to weight loss have you had.  Thanks in advance!

edelu
on 10/28/12 11:40 am - los angeles, CA

Well it really depends on how much you lost with your sleeve.  Many on here who were revisions lost all there weight really quickly but for most they had a very unproductive time with their bands.  I lost almost all my weight with my band i loved it, but i was never hungry and ate very little and wrecked my metabolism in the process.  There was a 3 month space in between my having my band unfilled and getting my sleeve.  I gained 40lbs in that time and it took me 6 months to lose that.  I'm now 14 months out and I've lost a total of 60lbs with my sleeve.  I've seen a few other revisions on here with slow weight loss but they were also folks who lost most of their excess weight with the band. 

Hope that helps.

nemesis02
on 10/29/12 1:04 am

Thank you for your reply Edelu I really appreciate it.  I only lost about 50 pounds with the band and have now gained back about 18 pounds in a year without getting fills.  I am now in the point where i dont eat much here in Afghanistan one because the food is not really that good and then two because food is just a turn off for me now.  However, thanks again for the info it has been helpful!

Teresa J.
on 10/28/12 12:38 pm - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with

I had my band from 2007 to 2012 and lost about 35 pounds, gained it all back  and then in early 2012 started having problems with the band.  Had a revision to the VSG on 8/6 and have lost 43 pounds.  I am loving my sleeve.  I log my food on Myfitnesspal.com and try to eat 70g+ of protein and limit my carbs to 40g or less.  I do have to really watch what I eat and read labels like crazy but seeing the weight come off has been worth it.  I have not been exercising at all but now that baseball season is over for my boys I have great plans to become a runner.

Teresa

nemesis02
on 10/29/12 1:08 am

I also plan to join Myfitnesspal as well with a recommendation from another lady.  I am glad to hear you are doing so well in your weight lost I can only hope to be as successful as either of you since I havent been so successful with the band.  I am a little fearful but I was the same with the band however I have to find out about scare tissue if there is erosin etc.  Im just praying that everything is going to be fine and they dont find anything wrong and are about to do the revision and everything in one.  Did you by the chance have your revision did in one or two seperat surgeries?  Thanks again Teresa I really appreciate your reply!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views