Monday Roll Call

Nancy G.
on 7/28/13 10:19 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Illinois!

Time to open those peepers and get moving!  It is a beautiful day out there so be sure to take advantage of it and enjoy it!

I had a nice do nothing weekend snuggling my cats and sleeping lots.  I really needed that.  I have been so stressed out it is so nice to be able to completely relax.  Rick was debating what cat name to name me when I threatened to become a cat.    They have the life, eating, sleeping and playing.  No worries. 

Crystal, how was your hike?  Where did you go hiking at?  It was a beautiful day for a hike.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Also congrats on being asked to do the extra work on starting the new data base.  That is an honor and good overtime. 

Lisa, enjoy being at home again.  This is the last gulp of summer for you.  Now you have some money to go spend. 

Sharon, where are you?  I do hope that everything is alright. 

Kim,  I am sure your head is spinning having your surgery moved up a day.  Good luck on Tuesday.  We will be thinking of you.  Just think of the new beautiful body you will have after that lift!

Dawn, I saw where you were going to Vegas for 18 months.  Take me too.    I assume that was a joke. 

Randy, what are you up to in that big old city? 

Christine, I see where you are really busy.  I do hope you and dave can join us for the get together.

Karla, rest up in Florida for the exciting event! 

Missy  welcome to the group!

Everyone have a great day! 

Cat Lady

Lisa Tucker
on 7/28/13 10:49 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good morning,,

I think I have a problem with the desktop. It is telling me to enter the system disk and enter. I don't know if I even have a disk. I may have to take it in. I really don't want to, since everything is on it. I am hoping it didn't crash.

i am going to try to get some stuff done outside today. 

Hugs,

Lisa

berts4
on 7/29/13 12:07 am - Rock City, IL

Good morning Nancy and the rest of Illinois!

"Going to Vegas" is a new code thing on Facebook.

I was really excited to see what my steps were on Friday at Great America.  Not only walking all over the park, but at first, we parked by the hotels and walked in, so I got lots of extra steps in.  At the end of the day, I went to check the FitBit and it is off.  I think the battery gave out some time last week because I have not been getting any emails.  Bummer.......I am still sore from all the walking.  Oh well.  We got SOAKED but after everything passed (not until about 7 pm) the park was practically empty and we had a blast riding all the coasters over and over.  Not a lot of pictures due to the wet though.

Saturday was a "Dawn" day.  All the kids and Todd had other things to do.  I went to Wal-Mart, ate lobster for dinner, watched a movie and went to bed early.

Yesterday, we snuggled under blankets and watched "Oz, the Great and Powerful".  I really liked it.

Glad to see that Connie and Kay are home safe, but sad to see that another surgery is looming.  Hopefully, this will be the end of a long journey.

Will be thinking of Kim tomorrow.  How exciting, but I see how changing the date can mess with you.

WELCOME to Missy!  Glad to see a new face!

Nancy, I agree with letting work fade when we are not there.  Less stress that way.

Thanks, Crystal, for setting a date.  Hiking sounds like it was fun.

Randy, Sharon, Chris......where ARE you all?

Lisa....enjoy your time off.

Sorry if I missed anyone, but time to go........

Everyone have an awesome day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Nancy G.
on 7/29/13 10:56 am - La Salle, IL

DAwn,

So sorry the fitbit was not working.  Would love to know how many miles you walked.    Just knowing you are sore means you walked a LOT!!!  

Cat Lady

birder I.
on 7/29/13 12:29 am - Rockford, IL

Good morning!

I got a fitbit before we went to Europe and it sure motivated me. I love to compete with myself! Of course when I got home I lost it. I know it must be in the house but I have looked everywhere and now have given up. I hate to spend the money for another, but it really did motivate me. I even did the sleeping thing. Kay doesn't do the sleeping part so maybe I can buy a cheaper one and trade with her, but I'm just so annoyed that I can't find it! I checked the steps after we got home from the airport so I know it was here!

I don't have a lot planned this week which is probably not good since I tend to worry about the surgery. I'll have to come up with some ways to distract myself. I will be glad to be done with the bandages--what a hassle!

Off to Target to check out fitbits, I guess,

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Nancy G.
on 7/29/13 11:00 am - La Salle, IL

Connie, 

I am so sorry that I left you off this morning.  I knew I was forgetting someone but could not think who!    I am so sorry that you are going to have to undergo even more surgery!  I cannot imagine that!  That has to be the most frustrating thing on earth.  I hope this time it does solve your fistulas.  Good luck with your surgery.  I know it will not be an easy proceedure on your body, but if it solves the problem, then I guess it is the lesser of two evils.  Keep us posted!  

Cat Lady

crystal M.
on 7/29/13 9:14 am, edited 7/29/13 11:50 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am just getting home. I had a busy day of course...it's Monday.  But the wonderful thing is that my Mondays always fly by.  So the worse of the week is also my fastest.  Kind of like pulling the bandaid off really fast!!!

I just got home home and threw my dinner in the oven.  I have chicken thighs and poured a jar of salsa on them and a can of corn and covered and cooked (of course I seasoned).  Then I will uncover and put just a tad bit of cheese and bake till the cheese is nice and melted.  Then I have a tortilla.  Yummy!!!  These will last me a few nights.  Prep time about 5 minutes...cook time...45 minutes.  I love these people that say they don't have time to cook.  I spent all of 5-10 minutes in the kitchen.  I spend more time in line at McDonalds!!!

Saturday was cool but I think perfect hiking weather.  I didn't sweat at all...and it was great exercise.  I was thinking of course...I wouldnt have been able to do that 150lbs ago!!!  I still marvel at it...will that ever end???  I mean it's been awhile now.  Hahaha!!!  I also made those chocolate chip cookies.  I tried a new recipe.  OMG!!!  I found my new go to recipe.  Everyone was drooling over them.  They are more time consuming to make but so worth the extra effort.  I made sure I gave all the cookies away...there are none left in my house!!!  Nope...I know my limits!!!  And having those delicious little devils in my house and not completely pig out is not one of my limits!!!

I agree where is Sharon...this is sooo not like her.  Ollie, ollie oxen free!!!

Well I better get going time to go eat dinner...see you all later.

Nancy G.
on 7/29/13 11:03 am - La Salle, IL

Good girl to get rid of those cookies!  That is the best thing to do!  I agree.  I would never leave them alone either! 

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5393 views
Thursday Roll Call