Thursday Roll Call

Nancy G.
on 7/24/13 10:26 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Illinois!  Happy Friday Eve!

One more day until the weekend!  It is looking closer by the minute!

It is another beautiful day so please take some time today to go outside and play.  Remember play?  We used to do that when we were kids!  We had so much fun outside.  It was hard to come in by the time the street lights came on.  If that doesnt set your mind to remembering .......

Today for me it is work and home.  Last night I was still amused.  Buffy was still playing drama queen.  She finally go over it about 9 pm last night.  She hung on to that act until she could not stand getting attention.    Then she decided she wanted loving.  Too funny. 

After work I may stop by a farm stand that is by our office.  They are now serving sweet corn.  They started picking it at the beginning of the week.  They have peaches, tomatoes, corn, beans blueberries and other veggies.  It was started years ago by some farmer kids and has paid for at least 4 of the kids to go through college.  They still run the stand.  Amazing.

I hope everyone has a great day! 

Cat Lady

crystal M.
on 7/24/13 11:06 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am loving this Summer weather.  Not too hot, not too cold...just right. 

Oh I do remember playing outside till the street lights came on.  Then we played in the yard while we waited for our turn to take a bath.  We always would fight over who would go first (no one wanted to...we wanted to stay out and play).  Oh the fun we had. 

Today I have to swing by Walgreens again and Target after work.  Then home and workout.  I also need to dye my hair. 

Nancy I love fresh sweet corn...I have a recipe.  The recipe calls for you to cook it in the skillet.  I don't I cook it in the oven.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Community/Skillet-Sweet-Corn-on-the-Cob-with-Parmesan-and-Cilantro

Well I got to get back to work...see ya later gator.  Bye

berts4
on 7/24/13 11:30 pm, edited 7/24/13 11:32 pm - Rock City, IL

Good morning Nancy and the rest of Illinois!

Today is my Friday and tomorrow I guess I am taking the kids to Great America.  I will certainly get my steps in there.

We used to play "kick the can" all over town.  Once the street lights were on, we had to confine it to one person's back yard.  Yes, lots and lots of fun.

The BEST NEWS:  Liv's ear doctor pronounced her "PERFECT...........finally" at yesterday's appointment.  After 17 years of issues.  We are SO happy.  Now to get that SCUBA certificate!

GOOD NEWS!  We think they caught the vandals.  The same kids were defacing property in the next town and they were caught.  I hope they throw the book at them.  Karma is a bi**h.

Todd is going to Milwaukee with our neighbor to the BrewFest and German Fest.  Us wives are staying home.  I have to hang out with Tami on Saturday so Liv can work.  Maybe we will see a movie or something.  Or, maybe after being at Great America all day Friday, we will rest.

I am excited to get some sweet corn from the farm down the road.  I don't know WHAT they do, but it is the BEST I have ever had and it is only available for about 2 weeks.  I also need a fresh home grown tomato.

Everyone have a splendid day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

randy777
on 7/25/13 1:18 am - Schaumburg, IL

I hope I do not miss the sweet corn at Independance Park Farmers Market.  I am told it comes in September.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

Nancy G.
on 7/25/13 10:55 am - La Salle, IL

Sweet corn sold in September is either planted later in the season or it is coming from out of state.  It usually starts getting ready about now through August.  

Cat Lady

randy777
on 7/25/13 11:00 am - Schaumburg, IL

It is from Wisconson.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

Nancy G.
on 7/25/13 10:11 pm - La Salle, IL

That makes sense then. 

Cat Lady

Lisa Tucker
on 7/25/13 1:46 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Good Moorning,
Well, I stared this work day off right. I went to put something on a co-workers desk, and tripped over a cord. Nothing hurt but my pride, and a rug burn on my knee. This to will pass.
Nancy, is that farm stand on rt.6?
Dawn, I sent your snowball receipe to my sister. She has her granddaughter with her this week.
Sharon, where are you?
Christine, please check in.
Randy, where have u been hiding?
Crystal, set the date!
We have 7 feral kittens under our new deck. Hubert will not let me keep any of them.
Hugs,

Lisa

Nancy G.
on 7/25/13 10:53 am - La Salle, IL

Lisa

The main farm stand is at the farm on Plank road just south of I 80.  They have had a stand at the 4 way stop on RT 5 in Utica for years where they primarily sell the corn.   I am not sure which stand on Rt 6 you are referring to.  

As for the kittens, I would smuggle one or tow in the house and plead innocent!  laugh

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5393 views
Thursday Roll Call