Monday Roll Call

Nancy G.
on 4/28/13 10:20 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Everyone!

It is the start of a beautiful day and some pretty days this week so we need to take advantage of the nice weather when we can.  I was missing over the weekend.  My nonplanned weekend suddenly had all sorts of plans. 

After I posted Saturday, I spent the afternoon cleaning my car and visiting with my neighbors.  I love summer time and getting to visit.  Then Saturday night Rick and I went out to dinner.  The first place we headed was closed and we ended up at Applebees.  It was really good but much more food than I could eat.  So there are plenty of leftovers. 

Yesterday I finished up nametags for the office.  Then Rick and I went to see the movie 42.  It was really good.  Afterwards we went grocery shopping and came home.  So it was a full day. 

This week I do not have anything planned so what ever comes my way will be a surprise. 

It sounds like Randy is doing well.  I am sure it will be a slow recovery as there is so much healing to be done in the abdominal wall. 

What's on your agenda today? 

Cat Lady

Lisa Tucker
on 4/28/13 11:02 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good Morning,

My main plan for today is to head for Hoffman Estates and see Dr. Guske. I can get rid of the drain and staples!!!

Plus, it is going to be a beautiful day.

Have a great day,

hugs,

lisa

berts4
on 4/29/13 12:31 am - Rock City, IL

Good morning Nancy and the rest of Illinois!

I am back at work after a pretty good 3 day weekend.  The worst was the early morning notification of one of my favorite uncle's passing.  He has been very ill but it was a surprise at this time.  Hopefully, he is not pain-free, fishing and laughing with his other brothers.  This also means that my FIL (boss) will be gone for 2 weeks so I will have both his work and mine to accomplish.  I still plan on the 4 day work week.  Friday's work will wait.

After helping notify family and friends on Friday, I felt that I should tell my children that live in Rockford in person.  So.....I came to get my car cleaned where David works and spent some time with him over his lunch hour.  They do an AWESOME job and very inexpensively too!  I got a complete inside and outside for $ 18.00 but could have been $ 16.00 if I commented on Facebook before I paid.  I will never go anywhere else.  The place does not look to good from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised once I was inside.

After the car, I met up with Amber for lunch.  Then, home to clean and host Liv's friends for a movie night.

Todd and I wound up going to Milwaukee and had a pretty good time.  The cheese, sausage and beer show was fun.  The hotel left a LOT to be desired.  The Sheraton in Brookfield.  Very disappointed.  The only good thing is it was clean.

Yesterday we explored a new area of Milwauke.....Brady Street.  It was awesome.  We had some delicious Greek food then sat on a patio people-watching.  It is a little like Monroe Street in Madison only more vibrant and ecclectic.

Now....back to the grind but only for 3.5 more days!

Everyone have a splendid day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Phatchick
on 4/29/13 8:14 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Dawn,

I am so sorry for the loss of a family member. Blessings, Sharon

Phatchick
on 4/29/13 8:30 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Nancy and Peeps,

What a gorgeous day. I spent the morning cleaning the entranceway in front of our house. Imagine my surprise when i found 3 dead mice in the salt pail. OMG, I nearly passed out. 

I also put some chicken wire around a trellis of clematis that are beginning to bloom. My mom planted them and the evil bunnies keep eating them, so I decided to try to outsmart them wascally wabbits. We all know they are going to outsmart me instead. I then went out back and took the covers off the lawn furniture to clean them, and lo and behold I found 6 nests of something. i think they were chippys. YUCK! I managed to pull myself together and clean that as well. But i aged 10 years before I was done. I HATE vermin. Snakes, spiders and weirdos dont bother me......vermin I am a totally scardy cat. Now i know why my dog all winter was trying to climb onto the covered lawn furniture. Duh!

I lost another 5 lbs on my 28 day cleanse. I am feeling pretty good. No more headaches or withdrawal issues.

Yes, we went to the Baton Lounge last night and it was lovely. The women...men ...women (who knows) were all very gorgeous and very talented. We had a blast.

I am off to make dinner. I am going to bake some chicken wings.

Hugs my dear ones!

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5393 views