Friday Roll Call

Nancy G.
on 4/18/13 10:14 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Everyone,

It's Friday!     Today is Lisa's big day.  Our thoughts and prayers are with her for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.  She is about to embark on a whole new life full of new experiences.  I know she will not regret it.  Ok, maybe when she first wakes up after surgery and in the first week but after that -- no.  I remember waking up after surgery and thinking Oh the pain, why did I do this to myself!  I WANTED this????? 

We are about ready to float away here.  are river (the Illinois) is really high.  They are expecting it to crest at 17 feet above flood stage.  It has never been this high and already we have major roads over the rivers closed.  In other words you cannot get there from here. 

I have some water in my basement but after 11 inches of rain, I can expect that.  At least I have not drowned.    Rick is up visiting with Gage for a few days so it is just the cats and me.  This morning they were all gathered in the bedroom.  They miss him.  Mitzi has turned into Daddy's little girl and cannot stand that he is gone. 

Tomorrow, I go for my last iron transfusion.  Other that that, no weekend plans. 

What is happening in your world today?  I hope it is all good news.  We have had enough bad news this week. 

Everyone have a great day! 

Cat Lady

randy777
on 4/18/13 10:58 pm - Schaumburg, IL

Got set up for pre op testing on Tuesday.

Best wishes to Lisa.  Knowing that I am anatomically changed is hard information for those who would try to make me a vegan to comprehend.  That with being allergic to soy that has not been exposed to high heat says I will never depend on soy protein.

Need to call nurse and find out if any of my supplements need to be discontinued pre op.

Other than that I hope to spend the day on the U of Toronto class.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

birder I.
on 4/18/13 11:01 pm - Rockford, IL

Good morning!

I am sitting here watching the SNOW drift by my window on April 19th! Oh well, it doesn't look significant but it just amuses me. I can't wait to text my granddaughter in Arkansas about it!

Kay is teaching and I don't have any plans. I guess I'll go to the Bookworm cafe and knit. I have been having a lot of discharge from my fistulas and some very inflamed skin. This is really dragging on but to do anything means surgery which I dread. Guess I'll keep dealing with it for a while!

Have a good day, friends!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Phatchick
on 4/18/13 11:50 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

SNOW?????????????????????????? Ugh............Stay warm, Sharon

Phatchick
on 4/18/13 11:49 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Good Morning Peeps,

What a week.........my thoughts are with Lisa this morning.

Between the weather and Boston and the explosion it has been a difficult time.  I have heard about the 3rd week in April being called Hell week because so many tragedies like the Titanic sinking, The raid in Waco, The Oklahoma City Bombing, Columbine, Virginia Tech and the explosion in West, Texas, Lincoln assassinated, Hitler born. All coincidences because so many more awful things have also happened on other weeks of the year.

I am just happy it's Friday and everyone is ok.

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 4/19/13 2:50 am - Joliet, IL
And my dad was born...hahaha!!! Just kidding...his birthday was the 17th. I just had to put that in there. Plus I have that sense of humor you know.
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5393 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5431 views