doing it together

netty
on 8/31/06 4:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi... both my hubby and I have had an RNY done... I had mine in November 2005 and my hubby had his done in April of 2006.... is there any other couples out there.... we personally feel its really great because we understand what the other is going through.... as well as seeing all the changes.... the downside is.... my hubby is loosing weight much faster than I am.... I so hate men and there ability to drop it off like melting butter.... rotflmao.... I've lost a total of about 110lbs so far... my hubby has lost get this... yeesh!.... 140lbs.... I'm a bitter!?.... you bet.... he has a smaller bum than me now!.... LOL Netty
StephK
on 9/2/06 12:11 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Hi - my hubby and I have just started the process and are considering surgery together. I agree with you that I think it will be great for us to understand what each other is going through and so exciting to see the changes. Hubby and I have discussed him going first (he has more to lose than me). Do you have any opinion about what amount of time would be necessary from his surgery time until mine? You said yours was in November, hubby's was in April - did you think that 5 months was a good pace? Thanks!
netty
on 9/3/06 2:50 am - Ottawa, Canada
I would go first... my hubby had more weight to loose than me... but he has out did me in a shorter time period... remember men loose way faster than women..... I've lost 110 lbs in about 10 months where my hubby has lost 130 lbs in about 5 months... totally unfair.... LOL.... As for the time period.... it seemed to be good for us... and we have a pretty large family... we have a 17yr old daughter who is disabled and still at home... total care.... and we have a 6yr old a 4 yr old and a 3yr old.... and no family help.... his mom lives about 1500 miles away and my family is well over 80 miles away.... so we had no help except from my sister coming from Alberta about 3000 miles away to go with me for surgery.... Good luck
Heather M.
on 10/14/06 1:01 pm - Rosedale, MD
Hey Netty! My husband was banded on 5/18/06 and I was banded on 9/14/06. We are both doing well (he is down 42 pounds and I am down 25) and understand what the other is going through. It is the BEST support system It is also great to see each other's successes.
Elisa *
on 10/25/06 11:06 am - I.V., CA
Hi Annette! My husband and I had the surgery too. I had mine in Feb. and he had his in June of this year. I've lost 105 and I'm 8 months post-op and my hubby is 4 1/2 months out and has lost 87 pounds!!!! So yup men loose it wayyyy faster . I always tell him I'm never going to get to be smaller than him at that rate. Elisa
netty
on 10/26/06 6:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
do you just not want to trip him.... LOL.... I tell you... my hubby is going to get to goal before me... which really makes me sick.... Netty
luvsexytrstno1
on 6/22/07 8:04 pm - Anchorage, AK
My husband is having his gastric bypass surgery on Tuesday. I am 3 months post op. I have lost 72 pounds but am only half way. He is 6'4" and 280 so he doesn't have that much to loose. I bet he will be at his goal before me. my blog is at; www.luvsexytrstno1.blogspot.com
shelicecmc
on 1/27/08 11:44 am - South West, GA
I just found this forum. It doesn't seem like it gets much action, but maybe we can start something. My husband and I had lap band done on the same day 1/14/08. So far it's been great. I know he's going to lose faster than me, but so far I'm a few pounds ahead of him...he was so bummed...I had no sympathy . We go for our check up on Thursday and I expect him to have passed me. The worst part is he started lower than me...he's always weighted more than me...I told him we may have to get a divorce ;D Hopefully in the end we'll get things back the way they should be. Love to hear from others...any words of advice? Shelice
PetHairMagnet
on 5/22/13 1:23 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
Yes, my husband was 7 months before mine and I am glad he was first, as it made him truly understand what I just went through. The doctor told us he would lose more and faster, so I was mentally prepped for that. Plus, I get the benefit of the new and even sexier version of him!
Most Active