Its been awhile

Susiekay
on 12/13/16 8:54 am
RNY on 04/24/12

Its been quite a while since I posted on here.  I had some issues and just haven't been back.  I had a tight lift then 4 weeks later I had emergency gallbladder surgery.  I had been suffering from gallbladder issues for some time but just thought that I felt that was from my new way of life after RYN. Every time I ate, I got nauseous then I had a major attack and found out my gallbladder was not working at all.  That was around April 2016.  I'm much better now, except the nausea kept me from wanting to eat, now I'm finding that I can eat without getting sick.  I've put on about 7-8 lbs.  I'm having a hard time sticking to my plan this time of the year, everything I turn around someone is shoving something bad in my face.  Usually I can turn it down because I have bad reactive hypoglycemia....I just need to get back on the protein wagon, but I'm finding it hard to do this.....Question:  has anyone done adipex to get back on tract?????   Anyway I uploaded an new picture of where I am now.  I'm my own worst critic.....all I see are wrinkles and my saggy neck is killing me lol....I know, I know, there are way worst problems....Anyway....I'll do my best to stay connected to all you wonderful people.....

Kay

Roz !!!!
on 12/13/16 10:26 am - Butler, PA

Nice to see you posting!!!  

I've never heard of adipex so I can't help you.  When I go off track the only thing that works for me is to cut out all of the carbs and concentrate strictly on Protein.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Susiekay
on 12/13/16 1:17 pm
RNY on 04/24/12

adipex is the same thing a phentermine which is an appetite suppressant!

kmsbanr
on 12/14/16 4:31 am - CT
RNY on 04/10/12

Hi.  I have been away too and have experienced the pain of regain.  After some significant health challenges since 2013 a year after my RNY I had a tummy tuck, rotator cuff repair and partial parathyroidectomy from June to December. Was injured in Jan. 14 and needed surgery in May. I developed a serious ulcer in Jan 15. During all of this I was usually below my goal weight of 130. This all changed with the addition of Cymbalta to help with nerve pain for my injury. I gained up to 144. I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale.  I stopped that medication in Feb. and have begun the slow losing process.

I know how frustrating it feels.  I was upset with myself for regaining and with the pain clinic MD because I told her I didn't want a med that would put weight on me any more than I wanted narcotics to addict me. That I can say I have avoided.  It's not easy but going back to what you did in the beginning and utilizing all your tools can help including exercise. It is slower but as long as we get there it doesn't matter. I would like to drop another 5 and have to be always conscious of what I am doing and be honest with myself.  I find just having a small spoonful of tempting yummies is something I can normally do.   With people who don't really know my history I will say " If I have too much of this I won't have room for the other delicious looking foods."  It has worked well for me. The next day I have to fight the urge to continue but my new weapon detailed below helps that.  I also fight the temptation to buy foods I know are my triggers. I usually win.If I am hosting I make sure that everything goes home with my guests.

The only way I knew to wage this battle was to go back to what worked in my early days of only 3 shakes a day. It wasn't as easy to do now and I got hungry which I didn't before. I did however find something that has helped me to lose 11 pounds while giving me protein and trying not to go over 1200 calories. I stopped adding artificial sweeteners changing to stevia and have found a protein bar I love that has 17 grams of fiber, 20 grams of protein and is 200 calories.  Mission Tech 1 cookies and cream( unfortunately has a little sucralose but the good outweighs the bad for me).  They have other flavors but this is my taste preference.  When I am too busy to make mix a shake(using non sweetened cashew milk makes a very low calorie shake too) or I get the hungry horrors I eat one and don't need to feel guilty.  I try only to eat one meal a day and include salad, it fills me up and is nutritious.  Greek yogurt with a little nuts and fruit only preserves. I always take a bar or apple out with me in case I am hungry so I will avoid straying.  I never stop for fast food even if I get hungry. I will go to CVS or a grocery store to find a protein bar or get a salad. My son has started using the same bars and also watching portions and is losing weight very well (has not had surgery).  Drink a lot of liquids. I try to drink at least 80oz. a day of no calorie beverages.  Unfortunately since my ulcer I can't tolerate water without flavor in it.  I found stevia liquids by Sweet Leaf that are flavored so no dyes or sugar. They have so many flavors!  If you aren't a stevia fan, I hated it, give it a try for three weeks with your favorite flavor.  It takes about that time to adopt a new behavior.  If I had not had any success I would have gone back to my surgeon for help because he also does medical weight loss.  I also switched my vitamins to patches.

Good luck and I know you can do it.  Believe in what you know and did in the past you have everything you need inside your tool bag.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 291 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 417 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 477 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 497 views