Frustrated

jen1016
on 6/3/14 9:56 pm, edited 6/3/14 9:58 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

It's been a while since I have posted but here goes - Having a frustrated time!! I am 8 1/2 months out and have been up and down with 3 pounds the last two months. At 6 months I was thrilled with being down 72 lbs and yes, I am still happy with it ... But I had really hoped to lose more!! I had hoped, with being a "light-weight" I would lose all of my excess weight, which according to the OWMC was 94 pounds. When do people stop losing? Have I just hit a stall and could still lose the last 23 pounds? I was lucky, I didn't stall at all for the first 6 months - guess I am paying for it now!!

My stats are 5'1, HW - 225, CW 155 - percentage of loss is 74% at 8 1/2 months - not sure if this is on par or not!!!  

Hopefully someone here can help :)! 

Jody ***
on 6/3/14 11:10 pm, edited 6/3/14 11:11 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Everyone loses at different rates.  Your stats look a lot like mine, except I'm 5'3".  Yes, you can lose the last 23 pounds, but the last pounds are always the hardest.  What are you eating?  Have you changed anythig up?  letting carbs back in?  Tracking your food?  Perhaps posting on Roz' Menus and Miles will let us see what/how you're eating and we can give you some feedback.  I tracked my food religioiusly for about 2 years... and I know some of our vets on here still do.  With RNY we continue malabsorbing for up to 1.5 years, and sometimes more.  You still have time!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

jen1016
on 6/3/14 11:24 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

Thank you - I guess I just wanted to hear that it is possible to reach that goal!! 

On my way to work this morning, I have been thinking what I have been eating and I have realized, I have let old habits creep back in ... I don't dump, so I have been testing the limits and eating crap food, not all the time, but probably more than I should be!!  I need to start tracking again and getting rid of the garbage.  I didn't have this RNY to go back to where I was!!!  

I am glad I wrote this morning, because it allowed me to think of what I have been doing and not doing - being accountable.  

Tracy D.
on 6/3/14 11:51 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My stats are very similar to yours too but I'm 5'3".   I would encourage you to track every single bite that you are putting into your mouth because I promise that you are eating a lot more carbs and calories now that you were during the first 6 months...and that's why you're stuck at 155.  Use My Fitness Pal or another program that you like to track your food daily.  It's a must and I still do it every day in maintenance.  For me it's going to be a lifetime thing.  

Go back to basics:  800-900 calories per day; 80-90 grams of protein a day; under 40 grams of carb a day.   And at least 80 oz. of water per day (more if you are a big exerciser).   And I promise you the scale WILL move :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Roz !!!!
on 6/6/14 10:24 pm - Butler, PA

I would say you definitely aren't finished losing yet and it's the extra bites you are taking.  WLS is not easy and the changes you make have to be forever.  I lost for about 18 months but during that time I stuck with foods (protein) that I knew worked for me not against me and I drank at least 4 Protein shakes a day to up my protein even more. 

What works best for me is to eat numerous times a day and make the best choices I can. I'm a routine eater so it's easier for me since I don't have to make many decisions.  I rarely eat "bad" carbs like potatoes, rice, pasta, starchy veggies etc.

Trying posting on M&M.  Accountability works for me!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...