Onderland has arrived

Lea Terrell
on 3/11/14 11:13 pm

Good morning...I have arrived!  At least that is what my scale screamed at me this morning!  Am at 199, haven't seen that number since around 1981.  My weight loss is slow, 31lbs since December 26th but that is fine with me.  Cannot even explain the emotions that rushed through my head this morning when I stepped on the scale, last week gave away all of my "professional" clothing ie. suits, dresses, evening gown to a friend at work it was like loosing an old friend.  How absurd clothing your friend but there were a lot of memories in those garments...lol...a lot of "eating" memories! Threw away some shorts, went to Walmart and got some new,Goodwill for jeans.  I was wrong when early on I thought the surgeon may not have really done the surgery...lol. Am so grateful for the surgery and as they say...wish I'd  done it 20 yrs ago.  All those years hiding from cameras so that I would not have to look at myself. Let my daughter take a photo of me the other day outside in the front yard...she was shocked then my son posted it on my facebook...lo and behold I didn't have a fit like I in the past, he was celebrating with me!  Oh Happy Day!

RNY - 12/26/2013.  H W: 278.   SW: 230                                                                                                     

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/14 11:21 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 02/29/12

Congrats and welcome to Onderland!

It's amazing how we look at our old clothes, isn't it?  I'm the same way.  I did keep a couple of items as a reminder for me though.  I think it's great that you were able to celebrate taking a picture and having your son post it on FB.  Happy Days ahead for you!

Roz !!!!
on 3/12/14 12:22 am - Butler, PA

Onerland...AWESOME!!!!! Your son must be very proud of what you have accomplished! I lost my weight slow too and honestly I think that's the best way.  I learned so much during that time and it has helped me maintain.

That's great that you found someone who can use your clothes.  I took mine to "Suit Yourself".  It's an organization who gives clothing out for interviews and work. I only kept the clothes that I wore to the hospital the day of surgery.  I posted a picture on my Profile page so I never forget. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Tracy D.
on 3/12/14 4:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Way to go, Lea!  You are doing great - really glad your family is so proud of your accomplishments too 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Jody ***
on 3/12/14 4:20 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Congrats on "Onderland!"

I had a friend go "shopping in my closet".  I couldn't believe how many clothes I had... I found it freeing to get rid of them all.  

There WERE a few I wanted to keep and she would say "if it fits ME you shouldn't be wearing it!".  She was right....

You'll lose a lot more and don't buy too many until you stabilize.  Thrift stores and goodwill were my friends.  Even afterwards....

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

TexasTerritory
on 3/12/14 5:06 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Awesome~~way to go!

lerkhart
on 3/12/14 10:03 am

Congratulations!!

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Lea Terrell
on 3/12/14 10:04 am

Thanks so much for your encouragement!! We should all celebrate for one another, be support for each other when there are troubles and know that we are blessed every day just by waking up! 

RNY - 12/26/2013.  H W: 278.   SW: 230                                                                                                     

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views