1 Week Post Op

Samantha Lightner
on 8/3/13 4:14 pm
RNY on 07/30/13 with
Hey all. I think I am a "lightweight " as I weighed 234lbs going in. My highest weight is 255lbs. Lost weight on 6 month pre-op diet. Anyways, I had surgery last week and was wondering what you all lost your first week? I am 234 today, after losing water weight. So far, no loss. :/ Any encouragement? LOL

Also, should I be drinking protein shakes this soon out? Did you all?
ang1973
on 8/3/13 8:15 pm - AR

glad you are doing so good. I wish I could give info, I start my two week liquid diet on the 12th. My surgery is on the 26th. I have already bought up protein drinks. I am sure you will loss. You have got the hard part whipped I would say. wink

HealthyHaley
on 8/3/13 8:26 pm

Hey Samantha,

They instructed me to drink my protein shakes as soon as I got home. I can't drink much, but that's what I was told. Hope this helps. 

MajorMom
on 8/3/13 9:21 pm - VA

I recorded my first month loss and it was 21 pounds. I think if you can drink a little protein that would be good. Main thing is to stay hydrated right now. It will get easier as you go along. : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 8/3/13 9:37 pm - Mills River, NC

they pumped you full of water when you were in the hospital and you have lost that.  Plus the swelling associated with surgery is pounds.  Not to worry, you will start seeing it drop off like magic now. 

First week we could have clear or vanilla protein.  Chocolate was the next week.  You also want to be sure it isn't "meal replacement drinks" that would have too much sugar and that it is Whey isolate.  That is what we absorb best early out.

Congrats and keep us informed.  Sounds like you are doing great.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 8/4/13 3:46 am

Welcome to the LW Board. 

I did not start on protein drinks early out, but do them now and they help me stay on track.  I can't imagine trying to do this without them.

Don't let the scales drive you crazy- you will lose if you stay on the program!!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MacMadame
on 8/4/13 7:26 am - Northern, CA

My program had us on protein drinks right away. Some programs have you on 'Clears" and protein drinks aren't clears. But once you are off clears, you should be able to have protein drinks. I think they help a lot.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

demig
on 8/4/13 4:43 pm - NC
VSG on 02/14/14

congrats on being one week out. Hope to be in your shoes in 5 months.

Lana13
on 8/5/13 10:30 am

Congratulations! I had surgery July 24, 2013 so a week ahead.  My program allows for protein shakes day 3 after surgery...low carb and no sugar.  I've been using Perfect Whey sweetened with Stevia (all natural 0 cal sweetener) and they agree with me.  They mix well in water, almond milk and milk.

Cheers
Lana

bostonlass
on 8/7/13 7:33 am - MA
VSG on 08/27/13

I'm still preop but every one is different. My center tells us to get in 24 oz of clear liquids and 24 of full liquids starting the day after you get home.  I believe full liquids include protein shakes but we are not allowed to go above 25 mg of protein per shake since the new tummy is still healing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 305 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 494 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 513 views