How many calories?

E R.
on 7/30/13 7:32 pm - Switzerland

Hello. I am 8 weeks post -op and I am hungry about an hour after my meals. I have a very vague plan and do not have any guidance on calories. How many calories should I be eating? Also how many grams of protein can I eat per meal?  I drink enough water, get 70 g of protein and drink all my vits. 

RNY:  4 June 2013

Price S.
on 7/30/13 11:34 pm - Mills River, NC

At 8 weeks we were having 6-8 meals a day, 1/4-1/2c each, protein first, then a soft cooked veggie or fruit if we had room. 

We were never given a calorie number.  Protein could be more than 70 at 2 months, 30 per meal is a good number.  If you wait an half hour AT LEAST before drinking (1 hr may be better) then get 20 oz of fluid in before you eat again, that will help with the hunger.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 7/31/13 10:31 am

We were told not to worry about calories, just do protein first.  When you get hungry, try drinking something instead of eating something, you may be thirsty.  I've read that some people feel like they are hungry but it is really thirst.  See if this helps you with the hunger. 

Does your plan allow for 3 meals and snacks?  I did the 3 meals and 3 snacks.  My snacks now are protein drinks, they help me not eat junk food in between meals.  I think I was like Price and between 1/4 & 1/2 cup of food for a meal.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views