It went better than I could've expected!... X Post on VSG

defygravity
on 7/13/13 2:58 am - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

I was sleeved on Wed. and came home yesterday and I have been feeling great!  I never really did have much pain at all, just some tenderness.  I did great in the hospital with sipping and walking.  Jello was a weird introduction to the sleeve because I could feel it... weird.  I want to not take the Lortab that I have but I think I will today and see how tomorrow goes.  I can totally see myself overdoing it.  

I had carbmaster yogurt with unflavored protein powder in it last night and am working on Pure Protein shake with PB2 in it right now.  I did get a toddler sippy cup that I keep by my bed to sip out of when I wake up during the night.  I don't have to sit up and it doesn't spill on me.  I'm supposed to only take in 4 oz per hour but also get in 60g of protein... not sure how the math on that works.  I'm focusing more on staying hydrated than the protein right now.

Like the others, I did get on the scale when I got home yesterday and I was up 5 lbs from surgery weight.  This morning I was down 3.  I'm curious how long it takes to reset.  Not worried at all right now.

Thank you all for you support and help getting to this point!  I set up an instagram journal under "lifeafterwls" if you want to follow it.  I put the pictures my dr took of my stomach before and after so be warned.

Have a great weekend!

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

Huneypie
on 7/13/13 4:23 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Congrats - glad you're doing so well.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Jody ***
on 7/13/13 5:20 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

sounds like you're doing great!  I don't know anything about Instagram - can you post a link?

and you've got it right - stay hydrated now - protein will come and do what works best for you.  I do like the kids sippy cup idea.  

Don't worry about the scale - it will happen!  Glad you're not in pain, but if you are, don't wait too long to take some meds.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

defygravity
on 7/13/13 9:53 am - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

I put a link in my signature... hopefully it works.

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

Price S.
on 7/13/13 5:49 am - Mills River, NC

Sounds like you are doing great.  The weight will come off, it is just the fluid they fill you with for surgery. 

Just keep sipping, walking, resting and you will be in fine shape soon. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

singdoremi
on 7/13/13 10:55 am - NJ

You are going to be SO thrilled! Keep up the good work.

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views