I'm so nauseous!!!

Susiekay
on 11/23/12 4:25 am
RNY on 04/24/12

I am 7 mos out and still every time I eat, I'm extremely nauseous....  I have been eating a little bit of Wheat Toast.  Today I ate 1/2 bowl of crawfish bisque and 1/2 turkey sandwich made on wheat toast and I'm back at my office sick as a dog.....Wednesday I ate a salad w/fried chicken strips, shredded cheese w/ranch dipped in my fork, same thing....SICK......Any suggestions?  Here lately every thing I eat makes me want to throw up.  I never do, but I feel like it.  This is the same feeling I had early on.  What am I doing wrong?  I thought only sugar would make me dump, I feel like every thing I eat makes me dump????

Its making it hard for me to get liquids or protien down...  Please reply!!!

MajorMom
on 11/23/12 5:54 am - VA

I'm not an RNYr but I've read people say to give food a break, rest, keep your fluids up and try very soft food again tomorrow. Start back slowly but make sure you're fully hydrated. If you start having trouble keeping fluids down, it might be a good idea to call your surgeon or go to the ER to make sure you don't have some kind of obstruction. I hope you feel better. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 11/23/12 7:21 am

I rarely get sick unless I eat way too many sweets or carbs, but I've read that some people have trouble with fats also and it makes them sick. You might see if that is what is causing it.  Have you checked with your surgeon?  Maybe he could give you something for the nausea. 

Are you getting in enough fluids?  Sometimes dehydration will cause nausea.

Hope you feel better soon!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Susiekay
on 11/23/12 11:31 am
RNY on 04/24/12

That could be the problem.  I got the flu last Friday and since then I've slacked up on my liquids just because I was sick and its been really hard to get it back up to where I need to be with fluids and protien.  Tomorrow, I will focus on liquids and protien and not so much fats and see if thats the culprit.  I would love to be able to eat and not get sick.  Thanks for all the comments. 

Price S.
on 11/23/12 9:22 pm - Mills River, NC

I agree, fluids and protein.  Slowly start other stuff.  If that doesn't do it, call your Dr.  Nausea isn't normal.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 301 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 506 views