Happy Thanksgiving America!

BridgetJones
on 11/21/12 2:23 pm - Belle Vernon, PA

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Yankee and expat friends!  We'll be having our Thanksgiving tomorrow but #operaghost (my son) is sure looking forward to it!  We are also very thankful here in Israel for the cease fire....I am not optimistic it will last but at least things are moving along.

I went to see my endocrinologist yesterday.  She started me on Acarbose for my reactive hypoglycemia.  Has anyone else tried this?  It seemed to work last night and I actually feel "normal" right now but I think it's wishful thinking since I am on such a low dose at this point.  Whatever...if it can stop the RH....I am all in.

I also saw my psychiatrist who is the only one *****ally believes that I am having epileptic seizures and not seizures related to RH.  She had me on Paxil for anxiety and added Clonipin as well.  Since my anxiety is worse and I have gained about 15 kilos (about 30#) since I started the Paxil, she is now starting me on Topamax.  Has anyone been on that?  How does that work for you?

I know I have bad habits - for example my favorite meal is 1/2 pita and hummus.  Not so sure I should be eating the pita but it fills me up and has a lower GI than white bread.  For snacks I eat sausages (they have kind of like enormous slim jims here you can buy for relatively cheap.)  Then of course fruits and vegetables are so cheap...I eat a lot of cucumbers.  I tried a pear the other day and dumped so bad I thought I'd die!!!

I also think protein drinks wouldn't be a bad idea.  Can any of you offer suggestions to me about a meal plan at this point that won't spike my sugar but also will enhance my weight loss?  I really am having a complete brain fog about this.

Thanks!

Bridget

5'5"   SW - 208  GW1 - 138  GW2 - 108 Lowest W - 108  CW - 158.5

Seeking revision from RNY to DS due to extreme hypoglycemia

Original surgery June 24, 2009        

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/12 3:43 pm
RNY on 08/31/12

Happy Thanksgiving Israel! Just needed to say that :)

I haven't got good advice for RH but someone will come along to help. I'm up late - I'm in Washington State while the rest of our nation sleeps.

Price S.
on 11/21/12 9:32 pm - Mills River, NC

Sounds to me like you aren't getting enough protein and some suppliments would certainly help.  I don't have RH but seem to remember from folks who do that eating every couple of hours, high protein, helps a good deal.  Protein shouldn't make your sugar spike.  Look on Miles and menus and see what some other folks are eating for hints.  It's great that you can get cheap veggies and fruit but fruit can certainly make some folks dump so be careful with that.  If meat is expensive or not available, look for beans and dairy and certainly suppliments.  Not sure what kind are availble to you but it is worth looking.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views