Long ride

mymaluv
on 10/13/12 10:37 am
Hey everyone I have not been here in a while.  How is everyones. To the newbies hang in there it does get better .   I did not have a goal but I am between 135 and 140.  I hate to see the 140 on the scale.  I have moved from GA to MI.  I have stoped working out cause I can not find something I like. It is so cold in MI I hate walking now,  in GA I was walking 7 miles a day.    I am not eating the same either so I am kinda off track I will be getting back track soon      .    i know getting offf track is not good but i know how to ride now lol.  So if anyone else is off track just remember you were givein rideing lesson dont forget them

Jody ***
on 10/13/12 10:27 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hey - good to see you again!

Whereabouts in Michigan did you move to?  I was born and raised there, and have a house in Brighton.

Yep - when we see a number on the scale we don't like, it's time to get back to work.  I'm there myself..

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

southernlady5464
on 10/13/12 10:46 pm
Walking in MI is definitely a challenge. But it's not cold there yet...I thought it was my first fall but not after my first MONTH of below 20 degree weather one Feb...after that, above freezing was downright BALMY!!!

I lived in Monroe for six years...I moved away in 2007 but do understand how cold can affect someone who use to live in the South, LOL.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

mymaluv
on 10/14/12 1:00 am
Jackson MI.  I know everyone keeps saying it not cold. but I keep look at the forcast for GA and it was 84 on Sat and it will be in the upper 70 all week lol.  It cold and wet here so that not any fun .

southernlady5464
on 10/14/12 1:18 am
Yeah, I spent my first year comparing as well...but it WILL get easier to handle.

Since you aren't that far from Dundee, MI make a trip or two out to Cabela's...it is a WONDERFUL place to shop. At the time it was built, it was the largest one in the chain...now it's not but still huge. It's similar to Bass Pro Shops but honestly of the two, I much prefer Cabela's.

And also get yourself some LONG silk underwear...can be found at Meijer's or WalMart or Cabela's. It's thin enough to wear almost year round up there, LOL. BUT it does keep you warm, esp under dress clothes that aren't always warm.

And learn to LOVE sweaters/sweatshirts.

Remember, to the people who have lived there all their life, that isn't cold. But then again, in the summer when it's just WARM to you, they will swear it's super hot. It's all in what you are use to.

I moved there right after the major snowfall in Jan 2000...took weeks for the snow to finally melt. I spent most Christmases in the south but in 2002, we stayed there...I had lost my Mother that spring...and was feeling poor/pitiful. We went to Midnight Mass (I am not Catholic but I love Midnight Mass) and on our way in, it started "spitting" snow...when we came out after midnight, it was covered in a couple of inches and still falling. Told my dh that my head knew it was just a weather system but my heart was convinced it was a Christmas present from my Mother since she was no longer here to give me one.

When we moved back south in May 2007, it snowed the day I left!

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Price S.
on 10/14/12 9:59 am - Mills River, NC
I hope you find some exercise that works for you.  I feel so much better when I am exercising regularly.  I love Zumba and have been doing Muscle Pump which is a weight lifiting class to music and it is great.

I find getting back on track is easier than it used to be but I haven't wandered too awful much.  I was with a friend this week who had sugery about 2 months after I did.  She looks great and is still tiny but is eating any and everything although small amounts, drinking sodas and drinking with meals.  It doesn't seem to have affected her weight at least yet.  It would scare me to be off track that much. 

It is a long ride, like for the rest of your life. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views