Am Confused

Susiekay
on 6/21/12 1:40 pm
RNY on 04/24/12
I was determined today to drink 100 oz of liquid and get 100 grams of protien.. to get the scales moving again...but..I just could not do it....
I am 8 weeks out.  I emailed my NUT and she said to scale back my protien to 70-80 and no more than 600-800 (max) calories...But the 100 oz liquids was good.  I have been at the same weight for several weeks.  She also said to up my exercise to 1 hr.....currently I'm walking 1 mile about 3 times a week.....That seems extreme to me....Please give me your thoughts. 
I know this sounds stupid but I'm so scared I'm done loosing weight.....

2008-271 lbs Lap Band
2012-219 lbs revision to RYN
CW 197

MajorMom
on 6/21/12 7:01 pm - VA
70-80 grams of protein is the standard they are taught to preach at us regardless if it is working in our diets or not. If you can't do 100 grams with food, do the best you can with shakes and high protein low carb food. Low carb is key for most of us--not calories. The 1hr a day of exercise doesn't have to be non-stop. Just get up and walk--keep moving or standing or bending or rotating your ankles....anything really. :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 6/21/12 9:23 pm - Mills River, NC
I know stalls must be scarey early out.  We have been unsuccessful so many times in the past, we are sure it is going to happen again.  But really, the only way you can be unsuccessful is if you give in and eat junk.  It just takes the body some time to reset sometimes.

At 8 weeks, I'm not sure I was getting 100g of protein.  Do the best you can.  Find a shake or shakes you like and drink up.  It will get you your fluid and protein at once.  Try to add another walk in.  Park further from the store.  Get the weeds out of your flower beds.  I've had knee replacement in Nov but I don't get an hour in, in the pool swimming laps or walking, but I do move around the farm a lot and then get 3-4 days of serious exercise in.

You can do this.  Just keep on keeping on.  When your body is ready to let the scales move, it will.  Until then, high protein, low carb, fluid, exercise.  You will get there.  It isn't a sprint, its the rest of your life.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jody ***
on 6/21/12 10:59 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
 I think almost all of us have had the fear we were going to be the ones that "it didn't work for".  You've revised from the Band to RNY and its common that your weight loss might be a little slower.  Don't let it get you down - as your surgery WILL work for you!

It's very common to go through slowdowns throughout the process.  Just keep doing the right things and it WILL happen.  And DON'T cut the protein down.  Like Gina said - get it through shakes, etc.  That's the best way at the point of your journey.  Also the ones on the board who have been the most successful have maintained drinking protein shakes even after their weight loss period.  Just something to think about...

We often tell people who's weight has slowed way down to INCREASE their protein - that often gets them jump started and they'll start losing again.  

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Susiekay
on 6/21/12 11:20 pm
RNY on 04/24/12
Thank you so much for your replies.  I "AM" scared to death that the scales will be stuck here forever....Reading your posts really helps with my confindence.  I ordered some unflavored Unjury yesterday, I am determined to find a protien shake I can tolerate. 
On another aggravating note...lol  My husband who was ONLY 199 when "I" had surgery is now down to 179......( Curse, Curse, Curse)!!!!!

Kay

lerkhart
on 6/22/12 1:57 am
I promise you if you follow the program your scales will not be stuck!!

You can order samples of proteins from Vitalady.com so you don't have to order an entire tub of something you hate.  I love the Syntrax Nectars especially the Cappuccino, Chocolate Truffle and Lemon Tea(my favorite).  Everyones taste is so different though.

Good luck!!

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 6/22/12 2:01 am - Butler, PA
LOL....Men do lose faster than woman.  I can remember couples going to WW together and the wife getting discouranged because her DH had lost so much more and faster than her.

It's great that you kept off a lot of the weight that you lost....Good Job!

8 weeks out is about the time a lot have stalled so try not to worry to much.  Did you measure yourself?  I don't understand why but usually during the stalls is when we lose inches.

I don't really count calories but early out 600-800 sounds about right. The last thing I would do is scale back my protein.  In fact when I was in a stall if I increased my Protein (through shakes) for 3 days and then dropped back down then it always broke my stall.  Eat small meals (or Protein shakes) every 3 hours or so to keep your metabolism up. 

If you find a Protein drink that you like then it will count towards your liquids too.  You can order 100's of samples from Vitalady.com for $2.99 each.  I love the nectares and you can order a sample box of 14 flavors for $14.99 at http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm (no postage).  I love the Lemon Tea and the Twisted Cherry.  I also put crystal lite or NIO in my Lemon Tea sometimes for variety.   Early out I didn't like the milky ones but now I enjoy chocolate mixed in water.  I buy the Pro Performance from GNC and I LOVE the Matrix Mint Cookie that I buy on line.  I sometimes put the SF syrups in my Chocolate for variety. 

Early out I bought the GNC Any Way Unflaovered.  I put it in my soups, drinks, yogurt, pudding, jello etc.  Unjury's chicken broth is really good too.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

MacMadame
on 6/22/12 12:36 pm - Northern, CA
Your NUT is right about the exercise. I'm sure walking 1 mile 3x a week seems like a lot considering where you are coming from but, honestly, in terms of what exercise is supposed to do for you (the cardio and muscular stuff), it would barely make a dent. In fact, one mile of walking only burns about 50 calories more than not doing anything. So even an hour of walking 3x a week isn't extreme (depending on how far you go, that' about 300-500 calories a week in exercise).

I hope that isn't too disheartening to hear but I think it's important to be armed with the facts.

Extreme is exercising 10 hours a week... which I used to do on a regular basis before I bumped my head. It was fun or I wouldn't have done it, but I wasn't fooling myself that it was normal or what you need to do in order to lose and maintain. 3-5 hours a week doing something intense (biking, zumba, running, swimming) for half of it is all most people need and it's easy to work up to that.

I started with 30 min at the gym on the stationary bike 1-2x a week, then 4-5x then I went to 45 min, then 60. I didn't jump right from 30 min 1-2x to 4-5x for an hour though. I worked my way up gradually so I didn't injure myself.

(Later on I went nuts and DID injure myself. It's always important to build up gradually.)

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 507 views