X post -- PS Update

bowknot
on 1/27/12 2:39 am, edited 1/27/12 2:50 am
I had my second follow-up appointment with my surgeon today after my lower body lift, breast lift, and upper eyelid bleth.

I think it went very well. He took out my three remaining drains and removed all my stitches that wonÂ't dissolve. I have one stitch that is in a tough spot on my bra line and it is getting a little irritated. There isnÂ't much we can do about it, but try a different bra. The surgical wounds are healing nicely. My flanks and abdomen are sore. I still need my pain meds to control the pain occasionally, but that is improving every day as well. I canÂ't stand the fog they put me in when I take them. They are the last thing preventing me from driving.

IÂ'm working on building my stamina by walking. I get a couple of walks in during the day and then need a nap. I need to normalize my sleep cycle too. IÂ've been waking up a couple of times a night. Hopefully, getting all the peripherals removed while allow me to sleep better.

He put me in a stage 2 compression garment and said to wear it and my binder for 5 more weeks.

I'm not super satisfied with my eyes. I think my right eye is still pretty hooded. It is also still swollen. He had a tough time getting that little stitch to release. I'm prepared to give it time before I start complaining.

I think the rest of my results are very good. My breasts still have some bruising and the nipple have some ripples from the sutures. I think time will show an even greater improvement. I'm still very happy with how they look. I love my flat belly. I think my butt is my favorite. The wrinkled hiney is gone and this new one is just awesome. He did some contouring on my hips that is just wonderful.

Overall, I feel good. My recovery is going well, and IÂ'm feeling better every day. I'm super happy with my results and my surgeon.

Kay

Mama477
on 1/27/12 4:55 am
Good to hear you are healing well!!! The other day my daughter said "Mom you have a floppy butt" -- the truth is hysterical. I took a look and I do!

I bought a sports bra --Champion at Target -- maybe something like that would be comfortable and take care of that stitch!

Sending healing vibes your way!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Ladytazz
on 1/27/12 5:48 am
Wow, I am so jealous.  Who was your surgeon?  If I ever win the lottery I will get a new body.  Since I never play it is very unlikely but I can dream, can't I?
I am glad you are doing well.  Give it time.  I know when I had my panni it took a long time to get to the final result.  In the meantime enjoy your perky breasts and nice ass.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

bowknot
on 1/27/12 7:26 am
My surgeon was Dr. Peter Fisher.  You made me laugh.  Isn't that a song from A Chorus Line ... Tits and Ass?

k
MajorMom
on 1/27/12 7:56 am - VA
I'm glad you're doing so well, Kay. You had a big surgery, give yourself time and take it easy. Lots of protein, fluids and vitamins.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

bowknot
on 1/27/12 9:07 am
Thanks Gina. I've upped my protein. You are that little vitamin/protein voice in my head.

Kay
Price S.
on 1/27/12 8:17 am - Mills River, NC
Kay, sounds like you are doing great, considering all you had done.  You are a new person.  We want pix when you get all healed. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jody ***
on 1/27/12 8:35 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Kay - glad to hear you're doing well.  For the irritation part, wear a sports bra (I bought one that opened in the front) and put some gauze or even a "day pad" there to give it some padding so it doesn't rub. 

My right side still doesn't have the feeling it should have, and I don't think it ever will.  I'm ok with that... 

Congrats on your surgery!  You will be loving your new body even more!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

bowknot
on 1/27/12 9:10 am
Sounds like I'm going bra shopping tomorrow, because this ain't working. Thanks for the advice.

Kay
Bettisima
on 1/27/12 11:26 pm
Kay- congrats on all the surgery and healing so well. I am always inspired to read such amazing stories. ( and I am a bit envious of the cute butt and flat tummy)
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views