Day Five...Five day pouch test

seaview
on 10/23/11 1:10 am
 YAY...well it's my last day and I have to say I am cruising...it's like post surgery life and I wake up NOT HUNGRY in the morning....have coffee and feel wonderful...my stomach is quiet and content...no growling or acid or feeling that need to put something in it..I sleep much better...my head is clear...I feel lean lean lean...can't wait to weigh in tomorrow morning...I'm SURE I've lost the five pounds which were troubling me ...in which case I am now aware of what I need to do to stay lean and NOT hungry...I need to NOT EAT sugar and carbs which will trigger insulin spikes and hunger... I need to stay away from gum which makes me hungry...and avoid yogurt and cottage cheese and cheese which are sliders and leave me hungry too...also I add nuts and raisins to my yogurt in no small quantities and that makes me hungry too...so  I will work on getting through today although eating sliced dense protein appeals to me right now....my sweet tooth has been quieted down..
 I am thrilled by this pouch test.....It has brought me back to my old ways of eating...it was NOT 
 EASY to do the first two days but like I said well worth it...I will continue to post on how things develop and let you know how the day is tomorrow when I get on the scale.... I have been able to run and work out...yesterday I had a run and felt great...again debunking the "we need carbs"
for energy myth...yes some but not when we have reserves that can be used in our bodies...ie..
 fat stores!..and I am talking about weight loss faze...not maintenance when of course we need carbs to maintain our weight...but again..veggies are carbs and fruit....I am done with the almond butter I've been sliding down my stomach...LOL....Oh I sound preachy now like I've found the religion...but I'm only glowing because I have regained some control....who knows where I'll be in a week...so I'm enjoying this now....have a great SUnday...SEAVIEW

italianspice
on 10/23/11 1:23 am - Eastlake, OH
Wow Seaview, your enthusiasm is contagious!
Congrats and glad you are feeling so amazing!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

seaview
on 10/23/11 1:28 am
 Yeah I mean really I was feeling really bad before this....just five pound up but only a year and a half out and I felt like I was off my eating and back into old behaviors and out of control....now it's better and I think this is a good tool to have in our toolboxes to get us back on track...and it's doable which is of course good because what's the point of knowing what you need to do if you can't do it!
SEAVIEW
Lee ~
on 10/23/11 2:04 am - CA
Amen Sister!  Preach away because we all need the reminders about what works so well and what to do if we see that 5 pounds.

I'm so happy this worked for you.  Bravo!!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

newdirectionhome
on 10/23/11 4:03 am
 Thanks for your enthusiasm! It makes me want to do the test for myself. You sound like a new woman from the first day's posting.
 Wendy
5'3" SW: 210
Price S.
on 10/23/11 9:36 am - Mills River, NC
Hurray for you.  I'm glad to know there is a "fix" out there if and when (ha) I need it.  I imagine my time will come.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

graciesmommie
on 10/23/11 9:46 am
what is the 5 day pouch test exactly?
Think I need to start it tomorrow!
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Eliza55
on 10/23/11 9:52 am - PA
Sounds like this is a plan that works to get us back on track.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

seaview
on 10/23/11 9:58 am
 Well tomorrow it's over and I don't even know what to do...I was hungry today but I ate my sliced beef and chicken breasts dry...and boring sliced turkey...it's boring is what it is...but OK tomorrow it's over and I 'll be I lost 5 or 6 pounds at least...I don't think I've ever felt this lean before...so that's exciting.... I just have to make it one more night and then weigh in tomorrow am...
Just google five day pouch test  on line and you will get the plan...SEAVIEW
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 11:57 am - NY
Will this also work with the lap band?
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 309 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 434 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 498 views