And.....we have a DATE!!!!

Carrie S.
on 5/31/11 6:29 am - Asheville, NC
 June 22nd!
I have to be at the hospital at 10:00 a.m. and surgery is scheduled for 12:30.

FINALLY.   
It's been a long time coming.  
And the two week liquid diet sounds like an eternity.  Especially now that I'm feeling a little panicky about needing to eat all my favorite foods.  

But I'm ready for this.  I've done my research and I'm over the moon with excitement about my new life. 

I've been obsessively reading old posts on the lightweight boards for the past few days.    It would only let me go back 500 "pages" but I'm scanning through them and reading posts that catch my eye.  

I absolutely love the lightweights board and am thrilled to have found you guys.
Thanks for being there!
Carrie

RNY June 22, 2011        Asheville, NC
    c
www.carriestewartemrick.wordpress.com 
Highest Weight 250      Starting Weight  226      Goal Weight  ???
Height 5'  6.5"
Ruthie D.
on 5/31/11 7:13 am - Mayer, AZ
YAHOOOOO!!!   Terrific news Carrie!!  

LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Carrie S.
on 5/31/11 9:56 am - Asheville, NC
On May 31, 2011 at 2:13 PM Pacific Time, Ruthie D. wrote:
YAHOOOOO!!!   Terrific news Carrie!!  

Thanks Ruthie!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 7:14 am
Congrats on getting your date Carrie.  My surgery is June 15th so you'll be right behind me on the bench.  I'm on day 2 of the liquid diet and it's not so bad.

Elizabeth

Carrie S.
on 5/31/11 9:58 am - Asheville, NC
On May 31, 2011 at 2:14 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth65 wrote:
Congrats on getting your date Carrie.  My surgery is June 15th so you'll be right behind me on the bench.  I'm on day 2 of the liquid diet and it's not so bad.

Elizabeth

That's awesome!   What are you drinking?  What protein do you like the best.  I've only tried a couple different things and am a little worried that when I start liquids next week I won't be prepared.  What's this nectar stuff ppl are talking about that they put in crystal lite.  Do you know about that?   

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions!!!!! 
So exciting!

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 12:10 pm
I'm from Ontario, Canada and we have to follow a 2 week liquid diet of Optifast that is prescribed by the surgeon.  It is almost like a Carnation Instant Breakfast type drink.  4 drinks a day plus we can have water, crystal light, black decaf tea and coffee, no sugar added jello and no sugar added popsicles.  Oh and low fat chicken, vegetable or beef broth.  Only thing I haven't tried yet is the broth because a few people have mentioned it tastes gross and I am not hungry enough to go there yet. lol
I have tried different protein shakes before to see what was out there and so far I like the ready make one from Wal-Mart called Isoflex.  It is chocolate and not bad but you really have to mix up the ready made shakes as all the whey settles to the bottom and if you don't mix it well you get a huge glob of whey to swallow at the end and it is disgusting!!  I have also tried a vanilla flavored one (can't remember the brand name)and it is good mixed with tangerine Crystal light-tastes like a creamsicle.  The nectar ones are fruit flavored that you mix with water and taste sort of like a Crystal Light drink.  You can also mix those with Crystal Light as they would probably have more taste that way.  I bought some at my local drugstore and you can also get them at supplement stores like GNC or health food stores.
No problem with asking questions that is what the forums are for!  Hope this info helps.

Elizabeth

Carrie S.
on 6/1/11 11:48 am - Asheville, NC
On May 31, 2011 at 7:10 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth65 wrote:
I'm from Ontario, Canada and we have to follow a 2 week liquid diet of Optifast that is prescribed by the surgeon.  It is almost like a Carnation Instant Breakfast type drink.  4 drinks a day plus we can have water, crystal light, black decaf tea and coffee, no sugar added jello and no sugar added popsicles.  Oh and low fat chicken, vegetable or beef broth.  Only thing I haven't tried yet is the broth because a few people have mentioned it tastes gross and I am not hungry enough to go there yet. lol
I have tried different protein shakes before to see what was out there and so far I like the ready make one from Wal-Mart called Isoflex.  It is chocolate and not bad but you really have to mix up the ready made shakes as all the whey settles to the bottom and if you don't mix it well you get a huge glob of whey to swallow at the end and it is disgusting!!  I have also tried a vanilla flavored one (can't remember the brand name)and it is good mixed with tangerine Crystal light-tastes like a creamsicle.  The nectar ones are fruit flavored that you mix with water and taste sort of like a Crystal Light drink.  You can also mix those with Crystal Light as they would probably have more taste that way.  I bought some at my local drugstore and you can also get them at supplement stores like GNC or health food stores.
No problem with asking questions that is what the forums are for!  Hope this info helps.

Elizabeth

That helps a lot!!  Thank you.  I will go to Walmart ASAP and check out their stuff!  
Thanks for the info.  
C
Mama477
on 5/31/11 7:44 am
Good for you!!!!! Liquid is no big deal. You will be so ready for liquids post op!!!

Congrats

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Carrie S.
on 5/31/11 9:59 am - Asheville, NC
On May 31, 2011 at 2:44 PM Pacific Time, Mama477 wrote:
Good for you!!!!! Liquid is no big deal. You will be so ready for liquids post op!!!

Congrats

Meg
 Thanks Meg.   I'm so ready to get it done.

I'd love to hear your favorite drinks!
Mama477
on 6/1/11 2:14 am
Jay Robb orange protein mix is my favorite now. During liquids hot tea went down easiest. I also ordered Unjury chix Soup protein -- still like it, too. Get a lot of samples of protein. It's true your taste changes after surgery. Loved Propel before and it is way too chemically sweet now!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 490 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views