"it went GREAT" re-do

Carrie S.
on 5/24/11 9:29 am - Asheville, NC
 For some reason my original post was deleted and only the first 2 sentences made it!  
Basically what I said was that my surgeon was awesome and after over a year of reseach, classes, nutritionists and nurses, I'm ready for my RNY.

The surgeon agreed the RNY was what was best for me. (the sleeve is not covered by my insurance) He made me feel at ease and was just so friendly.  I have no idea why I was so worried.    I thought he'd try to talk me into the lapband or tell me I didn't weigh enough or something crazy like that.  But it was like talking to a old friend.    

He says I'll hear back about my insurance in a couple days and in 3 weeks I could be having my surgery.  

I'm cautiously optimistic.  I'll wait to celebrate till I have the for sure green light that my insurance will pay.  

My original post was better!  I'm sorry for glomming up the boards.  But wanted to get this out there.  Hopefully I'll be back on with a date very soon!!!
thanks again for your input yesterday.
   RNY June 22, 2011        Asheville, NC
    c
www.carriestewartemrick.wordpress.com 
Highest Weight 250      Starting Weight  226      Goal Weight  ???
Height 5'  6.5"
aspan
on 5/24/11 9:31 am
I know what you mean about being nervous..I was very nervous too and elated after having my first appointment...3 weeks is fast! Keep us updated on your journey!!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Carrie S.
on 5/24/11 9:33 am - Asheville, NC
 Thank you!!  I will.  
MajorMom
on 5/24/11 9:36 am - VA
I'm so glad he set your mind at ease and you feel you're getting the right surgery for yourself. I hope you'll keep posting and asking questions.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Carrie S.
on 5/24/11 9:37 am - Asheville, NC
 Thank you so much Gina!  I will definitely be hanging around here.  You guys rock!  
Carrie S.
on 5/24/11 9:36 am - Asheville, NC
I also want to add that my husband is finally on board and is being so supportive. He even talked to his boss today about getting time off when I'm recuperating. It's been a really great day. He's a great guy and always supports me, but was unsure about this. Just worried I think.
Price S.
on 5/24/11 9:51 am - Mills River, NC
Another LW in WNC.  There are several of us.  Maybe we can meet at support group sometime soon. 
Congrats on your appointment. Sounds like you are well on your way.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Carrie S.
on 5/24/11 10:08 am - Asheville, NC
 I'd love to meet up at support group!  Just tell me when.   
Kermit P.
on 5/24/11 10:43 am
I knew it would go well.  The support group is helpful and Price is a great mentor!  I read her posts for months and they helped A LOT!!

Let us know when you are scheduled.

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Carrie S.
on 5/24/11 11:14 am - Asheville, NC
 Thanks Jennifer!  I will!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views