OT Sold My Car

Ladytazz
on 5/14/11 6:03 am
Well, after all the trouble with the car I bought last month I went ahead and sold it.  The reason I did it is because my daughter said I could use her car.  I will probably eventually buy it.  My daughter doesn't even drive yet but she bought the car because she had settlement money and she wanted to have a car and she fell in love with this one and but it is a 5 speed and now, after lessons on a manual car she wants an automatic.  We have been trying to sell this car and found out that the 4 wheel drive doesn't work.  It probably didn't work when we bought it but we didn't know enough to have it checked out.  The seller said it worked and we believed him.  We had a buyer for the car a few weeks ago and they decided not to buy it because it didn't work.  We found out we would lose about half the car's value without 4 wheel drive.  I don't want to put any money into it because we haven't even gotten any more calls on it.  So I decided I would rather keep the car then lose that much money.
I told my daughter that I would buy her an automatic when I had some money and she is fine with that.  She doesn't want to get her license yet anyway because she doesn't have a job and can't pay for insurance.  I take her everywhere she wants to go anyway.
So, I put an ad on Craigslist to see if anyone responded.  I put it at the price that would put me even with everything I put into the car and to my surprise some guy came out and wanted the car and didn't even try to talk me down.  He was buying it for his wife because they were having a baby.  They got it for lower then blue book so they were happy.
So now I am driving a 2001 Kia Sportage Convertible with a stick shift.  Not my favorite car.  I didn't like it when my daughter bought it and I don't care for it now but it beats the bus.  At least in the summer we can drive with the top down.  I will still try to sell it and if I get an offer I would either get the 4 wheel drive fixed or take the cost off of the price.  I am just sick to death of dealing with cars right now.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Price S.
on 5/14/11 6:56 am - Mills River, NC
Sometimes the best we can hope for is resolution of a problem but you got better.  You got your money out of it. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jody ***
on 5/14/11 11:31 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Sounds like it worked out for you! So if its not 4wd, is it rear wheel drive?

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Ladytazz
on 5/14/11 12:00 pm

Yes, it's full time rear wheel drive and then there is a little gear knob that you can use to switch it to four wheel drive high and four wheel drive low.  I doubt I would ever need to even use four wheel drive any way.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views