Submitted to Insurance!!!

kelly_hope
on 4/21/11 4:38 am, edited 4/21/11 4:52 am - Marysville, WA

I've been submitted for approval!!!! (again) The story was that BCBS suddenly changed the supervised diet from 3 to 6 months... two weeks before I finished my 3 month diet. So my fabulous insurance lady from my surgeon's office went to the VP of Boeing Benefits to straighten things out. Here is her email:

I have received confirmation from the V.P. of Boeing Benefits, that for the calendar year of 2011, your supervised diet requirement is to be 3 MONTHS.BCBS mistakenly overlooked the fact that an agreement was in place with Boeing that your medical policy would not change until the next calendar year (1/1/2012).  Congratulations! I re-submitted you yesterday for reprocessing, also with April chart note. Your EKG was received as well.

I'm so excited! So nervous! After kind of accepting the fact that I wouldn't be having surgery until late summer or fall, now I could be having surgery next month! The week or two to wait to hear about approval are going to be maddening!

Ahhh!! This might actually happen for me!  I'm going to get started on the Atkins diet because I know I have to do two weeks of that before the surgery. May as well start now!!! 
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

Price S.
on 4/21/11 5:28 am - Mills River, NC
Hurray, Hurray.  BCBS approved mine in less than a week.  It was really quick although I know the different offices can be different.

I didn't have to do any specific time frame but my Dr required 12 support meetings so that took quite a few months. 

so glad you are on your way.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Just-Jenn
on 4/21/11 5:34 am - Midstate Region, PA
  Wishing you a speedy Approval.

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

kelly_hope
on 4/21/11 5:44 am, edited 4/21/11 5:46 am - Marysville, WA
12 support visits?? Holy crap. Well, my surgeon's office gave me a check-off list of things to complete and I've done everything I can until after I'm approved. Then I have a couple classes to complete.

Less then a week.... that would be a dream!!

Thanks for the good wishes!!

My birthday is May 28, wouldn't it be awesome to have the surgery before my bday?!

KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

newdirectionhome
on 4/21/11 7:00 am
I was so impatient to get approval. I even had to appeal. Actually, it's easy to say now, but the time from Feb-Nov, 2010 was really good for me. I got a chance to understand what I was in for, by seeing a therapist. I attended lots of support meeting, had lots of checkups. I really was ready. It is such a major change that the mental prep time is needed.

That said, I hope your process goes smoothly and you get what you want and need.
 Wendy
5'3" SW: 210
Amy P.
on 4/21/11 9:26 am - Liberty Lake, WA
Congrats and I will be praying for you!!!  I have BCBS and the surgeon's office submitted it on a Friday and got an approval the next Monday!!! So hold on, it will be a great ride :)
                                HT 5'3"~HW 218~SW 208~GW 125

Lynn5707
on 4/21/11 9:48 am - IN
Hope all goes well!  My insurance was approved very quickly (it was submitted last week & I found out Monday - got written approval in mail today!)

Maybe we could be "buddies" - hopefully will have surgery in May - they thought May 30th would be around time it could be scheduled.  They called to schedule my pre-op testing - which will be May 9th!
Cheryl W.
on 4/21/11 10:30 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
Yea Kelly.  Hope it happens soon.  You'll be so happy to get on with it.  

Yeah, start the diet now, you'll be ahead of the game.  And start to exercise too, so you're strong going into surgery.

Best of Luck to you
 HW:  258  SW:  237 CW:  152      
paranoidmother21
on 4/21/11 11:55 am - Lake Zurich, IL
How wonderful, Kelly! Congrats!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

italianspice
on 4/21/11 10:57 pm - Eastlake, OH
How exciting!

I hope you will hear soon!

Good idea about trying to watch your diet now, and try to start walking more too!!

Woohoo!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...